BillyVance

City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set

For December 2, 2009, at 2:30 pm. Document here: http://www.1800skyrideripoff.com/nashville.pdf

Note that the cover page reads vertically, but the rest are horizontal, just the way it was scanned.

Basically, this case will address the proliferation of Skyride signs and stickers all over city property and right of ways.

Now despite their best efforts to rationalize their actions "because everybody does it", this case is going forward mainly because of their continued arrogance and behavior, especially following the TV news stories that were aired about the Skyride scam.

Sure, many companies have posted signs and stickers on city property and right of ways, but I've personally never seen anybody do it like these Skyride supporters. Not even close.

The hammer is coming. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well there are cases that people have been brought down for the small things.

Al Capone was done in by tax invasion not for all the other things he has done. City is doing what is withing their power and jurisdiction
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

Basically, this case will address the proliferation of Skyride signs and stickers all over city property and right of ways.

That's too bad. Of all the things skyride does, who the heck cares about stickers? Sounds like a waste of time...

Dave

Not with the amount of fines they are discussing. It is going to add up in the millions of dollars range. Possibly 8 figures. It could potentially dwarf Skydive Arizona's judgment win.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hi BV

Bummer couldn't get the link to work:(

No to worry. Is there's still time for a 11th hr out of court settlement.

I'm serious :P

Is it slyrides fault that a unknown disgruntled former employee stole slyrides national adverising material and spread it all over Nashville>:(

Version 2

Slyrides competition printed up unauthorized advertising material with slyrides name on it and littered Nashville with that stuff to make slyride look bad.

Your honor the state hasn't proved their case, no physical evidence DNA, fingerprints, body fluids etc and we request all charges be dismissed:ph34r::ph34r:

Hmmm I wonder what info was on the link:$

One Jump Wonder

Is it slyrides fault that a unknown disgruntled former employee stole slyrides national adverising material and spread it all over Nashville>:(

Version 2

Slyrides competition printed up unauthorized advertising material with slyrides name on it and littered Nashville with that stuff to make slyride look bad.

Your honor the state hasn't proved their case, no physical evidence DNA, fingerprints, body fluids etc and we request all charges be dismissed:ph34r::ph34r:

Hmmm I wonder what info was on the link:$

As far as I'm concerned, this is a civil case, not a criminal case, different set of rules as far as proof of evidence. I.E. for example, O.J. Simpson's criminal murder trial resulted in acquittal, likely due to the greatest assembly of defense lawyers in history, but he was found liable in the subsequent civil trial.

And besides, I don't think anybody outside of Skyride would stoop low enough to do what you said in version 1, not even ex-employees. :S

If the city has done their homework, they will have tracked down the printer that produced these signs and stickers, and will have a copy of the order for those materials, showing Skyride as the purchaser.

But these may be routine court filings that are a dime-a-dozen that the city doesn't spend that much time on.

The relief is for the removal but would it entail an order not to do it again?

Appears to me if Skyride does not take them down then it might be a criminal matter or at least contempt.

If someone is trying to get even with Skyride, they will simply wait until the court order is signed and start putting them up again. A real dirty trick
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

If someone is trying to get even with Skyride, they will simply wait until the court order is signed and start putting them up again. A real dirty trick

That's just it. You'd have to stoop down to Skyride's dirty level to get even with them like that. Nobody I know is going to do it. :S

That's just it. You'd have to stoop down to Skyride's dirty level to get even with them like that. Nobody I know is going to do it. :S

The Buttler would do it[:/]

Of course the disgruntled employee would do it.[:/] There's always a disgruntled employee[:/]
One Jump Wonder

The Buttler would do it[:/]

Of course the disgruntled employee would do it.[:/] There's always a disgruntled employee[:/]

There are many disgruntled ex-employees of ASC/Skyride out there, but they've either moved on, or are helping authorities in various court cases.

That's too bad. Of all the things skyride does, who the heck cares about stickers? Sounds like a waste of time...

Dave

As I understand the fine would be $50/day per sticker/sign, and that there are in excess of 500 of them out there. It doesn't take much of a math-a-magician to see $25,000 a day adding up fairly quickly!
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

From what I am hearing, the legal people in Nashville have taken extra precautions to keep the sacrificial lambs from getting drug in to it, and I have also heard that they are well prepared for the Cary Shell Game. I for one hope that's the case.

Go get 'em guys!
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Is anybody going to this? If so can we get a report when it's over?

We'll find out in due time. I did find out that the judge assigned to the case is a no-bull-shit judge. He won't put up with any bullshit from the Skyride people. :)

Wait - let me guess - it was continued. :P

Yeah it was, something about their lawyer saying the company is based in Georgia and that the court has no jurisdiction over them. :S

Well hey, Nashville Metro knew something like this was coming. But don't worry, they'll see it through.

Yeah it was, something about their lawyer saying the company is based in Georgia and that the court has no jurisdiction over them. :S Well hey, Nashville Metro knew something like this was coming. But don't worry, they'll see it through.

So, according to Skyride, because they're based in Georgia, they are therefore allowed to violate the city codes everywhere they want outside their home state?

That's the same bad attitude that has them held in such disrepute already...

Yeah it was, something about their lawyer saying the company is based in Georgia and that the court has no jurisdiction over them. :S

Well hey, Nashville Metro knew something like this was coming. But don't worry, they'll see it through.

how are you getting this insider information about the alleged defendant??? are you banging the judge or bailiff or something? i dont understand how you apparently always know more than said parties in question

how are you getting this insider information about the alleged defendant??? are you banging the judge or bailiff or something? i dont understand how you apparently always know more than said parties in question

Billy just listens very carefully.