Jbag

v3m and micron series UPT rig question?

i didnt find anything on search, i dont know if i was using the wrong search words but whatever....

what is the difference between the 2 models?

my understanding has been V339 and below = Micron.
V340 and above = M-series

Micron was introduced in 1999 for smaller canopies. Then the changes were incorporated in 2002 to the "regular" V3 series and those became the Vector3M

I could be a bit wrong :)

re : http://www.unitedparachutetechnologies.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=72

Yeah, nothing different between the two models except:

Size of canopies that fit inside the range containers in that model. Micron for smaller canopies and M-Series for larger canopies.

Standard embroidery...Micron for Micron containers and M-Series for M-Series. But UPT will put Micron on a M-Series...or vice-versa. Up to you.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

The container dimensions are a bit different. The smaller M-Series and larger Microns do overlap in canopy fits, and the Microns are narrower, fatter and shorter than the equivalent M-Series.

seth
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".