npgraphicdesign

Cocky/arrogant skydivers.

It's all about the tone in which things are said...I can tell an asshole from a good guy in about two seconds. I have no patience for assholes...

Problem is that once you have decided someone is an asshole, then that's the ways you treat them and...they treat you..Have you ever changed your point of view from that 1st 2 second one?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

Problem is that once you have decided someone is an asshole, then that's the ways you treat them and...they treat you..Have you ever changed your point of view from that 1st 2 second one?

Sure have...but again, there's no reason to act like an asshole in the first place. I think assholes need to be called out for what they are.

I'm sure I've come across like a jackass/jerk to some people I've encountered along the way, none of us are immune to having a bad day - but generally - I am a pretty laid back and tolerant guy...but as I've gotten older and along in life - I tend to be a bit more assertive in my communication with those who treat others poorly.

A little "Hey, you know you're really being an asshole" can go a long way. Why cut someone slack for behaving poorly?

It's all about the tone in which things are said...I can tell an asshole from a good guy in about two seconds. I have no patience for assholes...

You kind of sound like an asshole;)

Close...I've never been called an asshole...but I have been known to be called a Dick! B|

You will find cocky, arrogant people in this sport. And you are right, there are many other wonderful things about it to look forward to and experience. Also, the tone of someone's voice does have a large affect on what they say. This guy may be a complete asshat. Or he may be someone who like others mentioned is working with a low-timer on skills. When you are focusing on one person and another low-time skydiver enters the dive, the coach has more to deal with and cannot focus on both. They may have already also planned their skydive. Once someone has planned a dive and you weren't included beforehand, it is kind of bad form to ask to join the dive, especially if he was working with a newbie.
All that aside, you will encounter those "serious jumpers" who are all about perfection who don't want you screwing the skydive up, you will have arrogant Aholes who think they are better than you not only as people but as "SkyGods" and then you will have another 100-200 jump wonder who is also experiencing the same thing looking for a buddy to jump with. My advice is, find one of those people, make good friends and jump with more experience whenever the opportunity presents itself and try not to let your feelings or your ego be hurt when someone says no.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

See My earlier post about James...I couldn;t have been more "wrong", and I knew him for over a year, BEFORE I "actually" got to know him....

Timing can be everything, you never know what was going on, before you tried to talk to them!

No idea who you're talking about, but FYI there was an organizer jumping with all skill levels all day. Sometimes you make an extremely friendly, dysfunctional-family-like, little DZ sound pretty bad. It is like a family... and you just happen to be our weird little brother we're embarrased to introduce to our friends but we have to love you anyway. :P

Or someone's still pissed that you're not a girl. Who knows?

Dave

Thanks Dave...I think. B|:P

I'm not making anyone sound bad...was just a bit peeved at the response. It's been a week...I'm over it trust me. :P

I know there was an LO, and he actually did invite to squeeze me in about five minutes before boarding time. Now, that would've been screwing up a planned dive, so I politely refused. And by the time I found someone to jump with, did a jump and packed, i had to leave.

Next time...next time I'll have to jump with you! :P

Doug, I told you already...I will introduce you to a hot Russian girl. All you gotta do is ask.

You kind of sound like an asshole;)

Close...I've never been called an asshole...but I have been known to be called a Dick! B|

This explains it all!
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

"No that's ok, we'll just keep it at a 2way."

Is not anything to get upset about.

WTF? This was about 20 minutes before their load, so it wasn't as I was asking to jump at last minute and was messing up their dive plan.

Many dive plans are made long before a 20 min call. When I am coaching we normally have the dive flow covered long before the 20 min call.

I simply asked if I could join their 2way, and his response was so full of arrogance, it really rubbed me the wrong way.

While I can't speak to his tone... The words you typed were FAR from arrogant.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334