npgraphicdesign

Cocky/arrogant skydivers.

I think the real reason I got bumped was because he spotted a late-comer who he prefered for the slot.

Sometimes people come out and set up organized loads for the day with a group of people based on the skills of those people. Did he invite you on the jump? Or did you just go and manifest yourself on it without asking if you could join. That would have been rude on your part.

Before you just jump on a load you should always ask the person organizing the load if you can join. With your jump numbers (if your profile is up to date) you may have been trying to get on a dive that you would not have been skilled enough to be a part of. Nothing worse then having a newbie mess up a biggish way skydive when you are expecting experienced jumpers and successful skydives.

If it was just a "zoo" load different story.

Sounds like this arrogant skydiver may have had a handpicked group. If you want on those types of loads, you need to jump with that organizer on smaller loads and prove yourself. Then you will get invited on the bigger jumps. Just because you have a rig doesn't mean people HAVE to jump with you.
Dom

I used to think the same thing about James Martin, (who's name I will not mention) ooopss too late..

He had a very "sharp" manner of responding to people, I always thought he was a prick, till I spent a week filming his four way team, then I saw the "focused, caring " person he was, (really one of the nicest people on the DZ) ...His "sharp" responces, were just a product of him being focused on other matters... (RIP James)

No idea who you're talking about, but FYI there was an organizer jumping with all skill levels all day. Sometimes you make an extremely friendly, dysfunctional-family-like, little DZ sound pretty bad. It is like a family... and you just happen to be our weird little brother we're embarrased to introduce to our friends but we have to love you anyway. :P

Or someone's still pissed that you're not a girl. Who knows?

Dave

I am still pissed he is not a hot Russian chick, blame the USA network. That being said I don't think it was me?!

I think the post is a little over the top Nikita. Sometimes people have poor communication skills, even though they are good people, nothing unique to skydiving. Don't get so hung up on it, just brush it aside.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

...but cocky jumpers? Came to my home DZ today, hanging around looking for people to jump with, and this experienced jumper along with someone who just got his license a couple of weeks ago are doing a two way. I've jumped with the newly licensed jumper before, and I'm pretty inexperienced myself, so I asked if I could join in. The newly licensed jumper's answer was "Sure, join us if the other guy is ok with it." The 'more advanced' jumper's response was "No that's ok, we'll just keep it at a 2way."

WTF?

Sounds good to me.

While some one experienced can chase two newbies, it's a lot slower than one since you have to drag the first one across the sky.

He'll get less done on the jump, the second new guy will dock less, and everyone will have less fun except you,

No, I didn't go into it uninvited. Nor was the jump beyond me skill level. The issue for me, is that I was invited on the jump, and then uncerimoniously bumped off the jump, without so much as a "sorry". This is no doubt because some pal of the organizer showed up late, and the organizer would rather get his pal on the load.

To me, if you are on, you are on. If the organizer really wants to make late changes to the roster, he should at least talk about it, explain his reasoning, and get some buy-in.

It was just a case of the standard yuppie attitude:"I want what I want, and I don't need to explain myself to anybody."
I believe you have my stapler.

Yep. Big time. But worse is that I let it get to me. Not any more...

Then I would Politely aproach that organiser in private, and ask WTF? Don't make a show of it, but find out what the fuck was the reason...maybe he had one..[:/]

If he says his buddy showed up and wanted the slot...Knock him da fuck out...then walk away..B|

If he says his buddy showed up and wanted the slot...Knock him da fuck out...then walk away..B|

Well, here's another one that must resort to violence and doesn't have the social skills to handle a problem in any other way.
Congrats, dude. Your post captures both cocky AND arrogant. NOT cool.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Yep. Big time. But worse is that I let it get to me. Not any more...

Then I would Politely aproach that organiser in private, and ask WTF? Don't make a show of it, but find out what the fuck was the reason...maybe he had one..[:/]

u guys just suck donkey-balls; if i say who i am, i'm invited anyway; and if it's just for the freak(n) fun-factor, anyway.. nicci, u're doing it WRONG!!! :D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Well, here's another one that must resort to violence and doesn't have the social skills to handle a problem in any other way.

[:$:)

Ohhh Jeezzuss fuckin Keeerist...we need a sarcasim Font, It was a fucking JOKE,, get a grip....:S

Ohhh Jeezzuss fuckin Keeerist...we need a sarcasim Font, It was a fucking JOKE,, get a grip....:S

Yeah, even I got that. And I'm stupid.:D

But yeah, we need a crapload of smilies not currently on here.
I believe you have my stapler.

i have a policy of limiting jump groups to 8 on walkup groups with unknowns, or 12 if there are 8 experienced people. this is for the safety of everyone. breakoff time is the concern.
for the really new folks, keeping track of 2 or 3 others can be challenging.

Put antlers on 'em...easier to keep track that way.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I think it's the "biker" look, you're scaring them.B|

What biker look? I'm confused...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/kickin1.jpg

So there was this Canadian jumper once down at Skydive Arizona a long time ago for a holiday boogie, he's organizing some of his peeps from his DZ, and a guy walks up and asks if he can get on the load and help out. Canadian guys sez, "We're OK Eh" and sorta tells the guy to piss off.
I guess they don't get skydiving news or magazines up in the great white north.
The guy he told to scram was an "Airspeed" member(That laughed and thought it was pretty damn funny he couldn't get on a load at his own DZ).:P:ph34r:

I love that story. So buck up buttercup, it happens to the best of us!:)

What biker look? I'm confused...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/kickin1.jpg

Yeah those velcro sandals do make you look pretty mean. ;):D
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----