doughboyshred

Today was a good day.

After so much rain I didn't think I was going to get to jump for the third weekend in a row. Luckily for me and a handful of other NW jumpers the sun came out and the clouds parted for a few hours this afternoon.

I was on the last C182 load of the day, and the sunset was amazing. All of the colors filtering through massive clouds that were seemingly everywhere except over the landing zone were stunning.

This was my first 15 second free fall and my best jump yet. Everything was perfect. Perfect flight, perfect climb out for a perfect exit, perfect relaxed arch, with no chipping, checked altimeter when I was supposed to, right turn and left turn with no loss of stability or control, waived and pulled at the right altitude. Perfect.

Got to watch the remainder of the gorgeous sunset as I was under canopy, and then I had a perfect landing. My first stand up landing.

So stoked. What a great day.
:)

The reason we jump is that we get to see, feel, and experience things that most people never will. These views and memories are what make a lifetime of skydiving so rewarding. Thanks for sharing yours with us. I hope you have many more.

Kevin K.

You have 17 jumps and your discipline is wingsuit flying? Awrigggggggggggggt! You're a guy I want to fly with, awesome post, awesome attitude. :)

Thanks man!

I can't wait to fly a wingsuit. That's my main goal, and I will get there.

Thanks everybody for all the positive comments. Amazon, I am so looking forward to that. So excited that I only have one more jump before I get to go up high.

I have relived yesterday's jump so many times. Nothing but joy. Loving it!