Hvance

Space ball that comes apart/

why are you asking Hunter? Definitely not something you need to be thinking about in this stage of your skydiving.

I'll show you one next time you are out here, I have two.

Jay you definitely don't need to be encouraging a very young jumper!! Thats all we need is a 100 jump guy go out with a vladi ball!!! Not gonna happen!!

I just said i would show it to him. My guess is that he has already done one with a tennis ball (which is much worse), you may want to look around more often at the DZ my friend. :S Besides, I believe the rubber bladder is worn out, its about 10 years old.
You obviously dont know me very well, while I may only have 1600 jumps, my time in the sport has given me plenty of experience.
Oh, and dont forget, we do have a landing area dedicated to swooping:S

I just said i would show it to him. My guess is that he has already done one with a tennis ball (which is much worse), you may want to look around more often at the DZ my friend. :S Besides, I believe the rubber bladder is worn out, its about 10 years old.

if he has gone out with a ball master then thats not as big a problem than if he has one.

You obviously dont know me very well,

there is a reason for that....

while I may only have 1600 jumps, my time in the sport has given me plenty of experience.

time is irrelevant if your eyes are closed

Oh, and dont forget, we do have a landing area dedicated to swooping:S

what does that have to do with this conversation? besides that one area you will never get to go. lol
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

You obviously dont know me very well,
there is a reason for that....

Your loss for not getting to know me(which we both know otherwise):P

while I may only have 1600 jumps, my time in the sport has given me plenty of experience.
time is irrelevant if your eyes are closed

That would be a great reply if it was true, hard to close your eyes when you are 10 years old guiding students down with orange paddles because radios were not in use yet, or packing parachutes for .50 each! Father only had kids so he would have packers! B|

Oh, and dont forget, we do have a landing area dedicated to swoopingCrazy
what does that have to do with this conversation?

If you do not see how that applies to "safety" as you "claim" or implied in your original post, then whats your real point?

besides that one area you will never get to go.

Yeah, your right, I will never swoop in the spectators area where 30+ whuffos are hanging out and being unpredictable while putting yourself (not to mention taking someones life or your own) in a position for no "outs". And yup your right again, I am grateful every time the parachute saves my life on deployment, I do not need to make it do it again at 60mph 40' off the earth! But hey, I'm old school, but Ill trade the "cool and groovy" for being active in the sport another 40 years!
Dont be jealous Dave, cause what I've seen in the changes in the sport from the 60's to now are INCREDIBLE! and it will never happen again. I feel blessed to have been a part of it!
But thanks for the beer tonight, and once again your were right, it was not to my taste, a bit too sweet, but appreciated it!

Back to Hunter! Thanks for the jumps today, you really showed your talent and discipline. Thus I will happily make sure you see the Vladi Ball tomorrow because someone like yourself may invent a "new and improved model". Of course I also trust that you will "share the concept" before you go and give it a try!

Well, Dave I don;t see a problem here.
Knowledge is a good thing.

Yes, Hunter is a young jumper.

But also yes, he's quite smart and has never shown himself to be one of those attempting stuff on his own without knowledge and input for you experienced guys.

I'm quite sure he won't be going out there doing stupid stuff...at least until swoopers talk him into swooping the main landing area.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Yeah, your right, I will never swoop in the spectators area where 30+ whuffos are hanging out and being unpredictable while putting yourself (not to mention taking someones life or your own) in a position for no "outs"

Funny that swooping in front of the hangar was never brought up until this weekend. Its been going on for a long time, why the big problem now?

And yup your right again, I am grateful every time the parachute saves my life on deployment, I do not need to make it do it again at 60mph 40' off the earth! But hey, I'm old school, but Ill trade the "cool and groovy" for being active in the sport another 40 years!

yes we swoop because it super cool, thats 100% why anyone would swoop!! If you have never done it you will never know why it is done. It's not beacuse its cool and groovy (really..groovy, definately showing you age now) lol

Dont be jealous Dave,

Believe me i'm not.

Back to Hunter! Thanks for the jumps today, you really showed your talent and discipline. Thus I will happily make sure you see the Vladi Ball tomorrow because someone like yourself may invent a "new and improved model". Of course I also trust that you will "share the concept" before you go and give it a try!

funny Jay you talk about being in the sport so long, you can't tell me you havent had some one start asking questions about some thing they don't know about and arent ready to do and next thing you know they are using that info to do what they shouldn't be doing.
I talked w Hunter, he's not going to reverse engineer a ball. Thats good, but someone else might not have that buffer between right and wrong. Don't know about you, but I've seen it happen. (that was the point I have been trying to get across to you and In everyones biz Andy that in the wrong hands this info could be dangerous. that's it.)

btw. im done with this thread. so say what ever you want to me at the dz
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

i'm kinda opening up myself to abuse (yet again), but last year when i started asking questions about swooping, or let's just call it "accelarated landings", one of the lines my instructor gave me went something like this: "well, now that you're up to it, i better give you the info, because if i dont, it SURE will mean something bad is gonna happen!"; at my dz, it's all about "you're licensed, you're mature, so take the responsibility!".

in no way i'd ever try giving a spaceball a shout, considering the dense populated area i jump in. BUT, and i said this before, education is the key. that is not meant to "enable" people to do something they're ready for, but to make them making an educated decision themselves..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda