guzman

Child care in Eloy

please dont bring a 4 year old around. Its nothing personal but there is alot going on and jumpers arent gonna be happy with kids running around. If he can stay home then thats the problem solver for you. When you come to eloy you are busy thats how we roll so come ready, bring your game, leave the kid for some you and her time. And most important come to have fun and smile with us.

Darren

come to our dz for a skydiving-vacation, many mothers as of now, and more to come.. plenty of little kids to run around with, plus there's a slide, some swings and i dont know what more.. :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Just a thought, kinda off topic, but it would indeed be nice for the mamas and papas to know *how* child-friendly a DZ is ahead of time and easily accessible-- from those where the DZO's children and others have play areas built etc., to those where children are occasionally welcomed with supervision, to those where it is fairly unheard of or specifically unsafe for some reason.

I chose Elsinore over Perris in SoCal as our "base," in part because I was planning AROUND having my son with me (smaller in size seemed better, and was told it was accepted there- I did not ask Perris though, to clarify, just seems bigger/busier, and I do plan to visit for part of a day if there is time). I can certainly let other parents know in our review after the visit how child-friendly we deem it to be from our perspective.

I did call ahead to Elsinore and ask manifest as well as the person helping out with the kiddo, who is currently living on the DZ, but it would surely be nice to have basic objective facts to base decisions on where to go (number/age of kids on a typical day who are present, any equipment for, or hazards to, children) as well as jumper attitudes though this may be less important (not to disrespect anyone, just saying that, barring an official owner/staff statement pro or con, I guarantee you there will be jumpers on ALL dzs who take issue with children, and those who have them and may bring them, but I say if ownership is okay with it, parents take full responsibility i.e. specific responsibilities designated and someone responsible ON THE GROUND at all times, etc. then some people will potentially have to deal with things in life they don't like (as we all do at times).

It's up to parents to communicate with their child and dz staff and make good choices; I just think in the case of the OP, myself, and many many other parents some of these basic types of info would be helpful to mention in reviews for example, or a separate thread? Also any other info from other parents who have traveled with children to a dropzone, may be useful even though the thread OP decided this situation would NOT bring the 4 year old.. just a thought :)

(Oh yeah and for those at Elsinore get ready for a toddler... haha... sorry in advance if some of you are pissed about my child, but I happen to like him, and planned ahead and received permission, as well as reserving a separate bunk room for us, so don't hate :P)

OP. enjoy your time with your lady and your jumpage, and it sounds like the little one will do fine at his other house while you are gone! :)

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi