potatoman

How many DZ's in one day

How many DropZones have you jumped in one day? Is there a record for this?

Not making this a poll, would rather want to know how it was doing more than one DZ on a day, and how you did it etc.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Nice PIISFISH.

13 sounds difficult to accomplish though, unless lots of daylilgt.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.

Did five dzs in four states one day. CrossKeys NJ, Delmarva DE, Orange VA, and Chambersburg and United Parachute Club in PA.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

Nice PIISFISH.

Not with a really fast bird like Mullin's King Air. 15K ft in 7 minutes, and he can fly from Memphis to Birmingham in about 45 minutes, a distance that would normally take about 4 hours to drive.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Nice PIISFISH.

Not with a really fast bird like Mullin's King Air. 15K ft in 7 minutes, and he can fly from Memphis to Birmingham in about 45 minutes, a distance that would normally take about 4 hours to drive.

Well, you can spit and hit a DZ in FL. Gear up, climb to altitude on way to new DZ, call ahead, fit into their jumping schedule, land, pack, repeat.

We used to do this in FL every once in a while.

Like others said, Mullins did this by plane once and did 12 or 13 DZ's.

By car I have done 4, but could have done more.

An example:

1. Start at Williston (http://www.afn.org/~wsi/teams.html), FL. Drive 53 miles to Coleman, FL .

2. Coleman (http://startskydivingflorida.com/direction.htm) to Zhills is 55 mins.

3. Zhills (http://www.skydivecity.com/) to Mulberry, FL (Skydive Tampabay) 49 mins.

4. Mulberry (http://www.skydivetampa.com/) to Lake Wales 32 mins.

5. Lake Wales (Chalet Suzanne http://www.jumpflorida.com)

You could then try to hit Sebastian, or Deland (both 1:46 mins away.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

One time a friend of mine and I went to Emerald Coast Skydiving to jump, but the winds were howling and barely anybody was there. So we hit the road going back north toward home, and on a lark, decided to hit Buddy Blue's DZ Skydive Opelika at the Tuskegee airport. Made a jump there before they shut down for the day. Feeling the itch for more air time, we drove further north to Pell City, AL and got in 2 jumps before sunset. This was like '96 or '97. It's a 5 hour drive from Emerald Coast to Pell City. I'm sure that it's possible to hit all three current DZs in Alabama in one day (Emerald Coast, Skydive Opelika, and Skydive Alabama in Cullman) but I don't want to drive all that much. :P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Cool stuff. We did 3 different aircraft/dz/provinces in one day. Approx 600km drive, but did it on a bike, called it the NOMAD RUN. It was good, but also very tired after that ride. (In South Africa)

Next, trying to get 8 DZ's in one day, but this time with aircraft transport.

Last June we hit every DZ in AZ in under 12 hours. Started at Eloy for load one, packed and drove to Casa Grande, up to Buckeye and finished at Red Rock Skydiving before sunset. 11:55 minutes from wheels up to beer.

We could have shortened our time by stuffing our gear and packing at the next DZ as we had to wait for over an hour at # 2 and 3.

It was a great day!
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

Hey, for all y'all doing all those DZ's in one day, did you reset your AAD at each place, or prior to taking off if the jump plane was going to drop you in a new place?

Nope, FL.

"Florida's mean (average) elevation is 98 feet above sea level."
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Interesting thread...

A group of us attempted "12 in 24" a few years ago to raise funds/awareness for The Myelin Project. As soon as we began planning, we realized we'd just be repeating what others had already accomplished sooooooo... we decided it would be a good idea to travel from DZ to DZ by motor home instead of aircraft. We had the blessings and promises of cooperation of the DZOs we were "visiting" and began speaking with all of them and planning for about 4 weeks prior to the event.

All went smoothly in the morning, but we got hung up at one DZ for 3+ hours mid-day and realized we would have to split our group at some point if we wanted to hit all of our intended destinations. We got all twelve of them, but as I said, two different groups jumped the last four drop zones.

Our trip went something like this...4:30 AM Z-hills, Skydive Tampa, Wauchula, Lake Wales, Sebastian, Titusville, Deland, Palatka, Jax, St. Mary's, and I can't remember where else...

I know I got that out of my system;) and won't feel the need to do it again.

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken manure.