jclalor

Microsoft Sky diving tv commercial

That is a pretty cool phone. I am gonna go do what they do in the commercial instead of getting a Go-pro HD. My mad skillz will take care of the rest:S
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

kinda funny how that was a reserve at the end, like a cypress fire

Probably to busy playing with his phone still

yup, people in the sport will be the only ones to understand that though haha

And all of the whuffos will soon be asking me if I can do that with my phone while skydiving:S

And your answer should be yes. :D

I thought the ad was pretty funny.

Sad thing is, most people already think that I skydive with my phone. Sometimes they want to see some of my videos, so I pull them up on my phone and show them. They always ask...."is it hard to hold on to cuz of the wind"?

My respone......"and those 2 arms are mine also"??

Too funny I think.

And all of the whuffos will soon be asking me if I can do that with my phone while skydiving

Speak of the devil...

This year we had a student go through the FJC who thought he was going to take his phone with him on his first jump, presumably to take pictures or something (I'm guessing under canopy).

The AFF I caught wind of this, and of course put a stop to it. What does this genius do? He routes a lenght of clear fishing line through the lanyard attachment on the phone, and loops the end of it around his thumb. Then he slips the phone up the sleeve of his jumpsuit, past the elastic cuff, in an effort to smuggle it on the jump anyway.

Of course his instructor also caught on to that plan, and again put a stop to it, but it's proof positive that students can and will do anything under the sun, no matter how stupid it may be.

And all of the whuffos will soon be asking me if I can do that with my phone while skydiving

Speak of the devil...

This year we had a student go through the FJC who thought he was going to take his phone with him on his first jump, presumably to take pictures or something (I'm guessing under canopy).

The AFF I caught wind of this, and of course put a stop to it. What does this genius do? He routes a lenght of clear fishing line through the lanyard attachment on the phone, and loops the end of it around his thumb. Then he slips the phone up the sleeve of his jumpsuit, past the elastic cuff, in an effort to smuggle it on the jump anyway.

Of course his instructor also caught on to that plan, and again put a stop to it, but it's proof positive that students can and will do anything under the sun, no matter how stupid it may be.

Wow!!! Did the instructor still let the student go through his AFF? I would hope not. If there was someone willing to be that neglegent towards BSR's before even starting their training......one could only imagine how they would be once they were cleared for solos. Crazy!! :S

dam they sure film alot of stuff at Elsinore....great link :)
EDIT: wow I just went out to tell my wife and daughter about the commercial and that it was filmed at Elsinore; my wife saw the commercial on TV last night and knew it was Elsinore.....and she has never done a skydive....LMAO think she has seen a skydiving video or two?B|

"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

I thought it was pretty funny. and fwiw. back in the day. i have jumped with a handheld 110 instamatic old school camera one of the manual wind kind flew up to a guy took a couple of snaps passed the camera like a baton pass. got a camera geek in and got the camera back in ff so it's not impossible it could be done
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Speak of the devil...

OMG... Didn't he notice the camera mounted on his instructor? :p

I thought it was pretty funny. and fwiw. back in the day. i have jumped with a handheld 110 instamatic old school camera one of the manual wind kind flew up to a guy took a couple of snaps passed the camera like a baton pass. got a camera geek in and got the camera back in ff so it's not impossible it could be done

Drew Cochis used to take photos with a hand held SLR all the time. He never looked through the view finder, kept the camera by way of a lanyard on is left wrist, and snapped away. He has whole photo albums full of these photos. And I don't mean a disposable camera. I mean a real, hard body SLR.

Drew Cochis used to take photos with a hand held SLR all the time. He never looked through the view finder, kept the camera by way of a lanyard on is left wrist, and snapped away. He has whole photo albums full of these photos. And I don't mean a disposable camera. I mean a real, hard body SLR.

As does Jussi Laine
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Last year I was boarding the plane and noticed a n00b with his IPhone gaffer taped to his chest strap.

He was a bit nervous as it was so I didn't bother to say anything...about his having taped it on with the lens facing IN. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Sorry for the newbie question but how can you tell it's a reserve?

Most reserve canopies are one solid color. Most main canopies are not. Given the nature of the commercial they probably used a reserve to show the guy was totally unaware of altitude, due to his phone, and saved by an AAD. Just my guess.
The meaning of life . . . is to make life have meaning.

Sorry for the newbie question but how can you tell it's a reserve?

Most reserve canopies are one solid color. Most main canopies are not. Given the nature of the commercial they probably used a reserve to show the guy was totally unaware of altitude, due to his phone, and saved by an AAD. Just my guess.

I think you're giving whuffo understanding of skydiving too much credit. My guess would be that a solid, bright color canopy provided better visuals for the ad.

Looks like a main to me.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke