motomike

EG Suits

I just wanted to make sure someone else doesnt make the same mistake I did and buy a suit from this guy.

Bought the suit, recieved it and didnt have booties, was wrong color and didnt have pockets,(of course which I paid for) but tried to talk to him about correcting and sending new suit or returning this one...
We agreed he would make new suit and send to me ASAP.... never happened, so I called again. He said it was a miss communication. mmmm WAS in EMAIL!

I told him I just wanted a refund. He said OK. 4 weeks and no refund. Just got done filling out denial of payment from my bank.

WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS ! to bad was a nice suit..
WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS !

Bought a Tony suit... now I just need to send it back to them to SLOW it down!

It's wierd, we see lots of reports like this, particularly around suit manufacture.

I wonder if it's because relatively new people who don't know any better don't understand the time or skill required to make a custom freefall suit, and who think it's an easy way to make some cash because they knocked something up for themselves?

When orders start coming in from customers, they find that an OK job isn't good enough, and that people expect professional service and it all goes wrong from there...

This is far from an isolated incident. I curious why.

If I pay and order a suit with booties and it doesnt have them..... Far from a noobie mistake...

Oh and if I order blue and it comes in black.....dont think that is a noob problem either.....

And if he DOESNT SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH ! and you send him an email asking for him to return your money and he says yes, and doesnt do it. Not a noob problem....

Its crappy service.

I got a helluva deal on a stock freefly suit from him at CarolinaFest. Haven't gotten to fly it yet but seems sturdy. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I got a helluva deal on a stock freefly suit from him at CarolinaFest. Haven't gotten to fly it yet but seems sturdy. :)

Yeah I've seen him at Z-Hills a few times. Seemed like decent suits well made.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My girlfriend won a certificate for a pair of custom freefly pants at the Mullins' Halloween Boogie last year. She placed the order in November. After many emails back and forth she received a pair of freefly pants in March but they were the wrong size and NONE of the colors lined up. EG agreed that they were thrown together in a hurry and to send them back and he would redo. It's now middle of June and he has NEVER made an attempt to contact her about the order. He has only responded to one of my emails to him with the excuse of "I am only one man, and I will get to them as soon as I can."

She was hoping to be able to use them this skydiving season, however now she just hoping to receive them. :(

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

[:/]I am the girlfriend with the custom pants from EG. I called him last week. He said he was really behind and give him a week. I called today, he said he was really behind and would get them to me as soon as possible. I asked "Is that 1, 2, or 3 weeks?" He said it would just be as soon as possible and that he was trying to do them in order. I reminded him that my order was about 8 months ago and asked was he still working on all the orders from 8 months ago....he said yes.

I asked "Am I not ever going to get these?" He said "Don't say that. Yes you will get them."

Then, he asked me to hold and a moment later I got the disconnected sound :(

I do not usually like to bash in a public forum, but you are 100% on the mark with this guy. I gave him a pair of brand new tandem pants to alter 4 years ago. Yes 4 years. They were never jumped. Never heard or saw him again. Stopped at his house, spoke to his wife, emailed, called, left messages, threatened law suit. He is no longer welcome at our DZ.
When I did eventually hear from him I was promised he would make it right. All BS. Caveat emptor!!!

My Word ~ this is an interesting forum. I opened it thinking it was going to be an isolated incident and somebody trying to get some attention, but this sounds like a far cry from just one or two. I have 2 EG suites (belly and freefly) I bought from him and both were off-the-shelf a few years apart at Couch Freaks, and I was considering buying a new Wingsuite from him.

Please, keep this thread posted as I would like to see how some of these conflicts resolve. Like I said, I've only had positive experiences with him, but again I bought suits off-the-shelf with minor alterations and he turned them around quickly. It sounds to me like the man has enough business to keep himself plenty busy and pay the bills, I wonder what is up...
=========Shaun ==========