SRI85

When have you used your hook knife?

I've used mine a few times. They were all during low level flights in Afghanistan. We were flying over XXXXXXX XXXXXXX @ 500' AGL and as the green light came on...I sliced the restraining strap and let 36K lbs of equipment, supplies and fuel roll out of my aircraft.
Truth is the distilled meaning of facts, for any truth refuted by a fact becomes a fallacy.

Title says it all. Id like to hear some story's of when you have used your hook knife. hopefully i learn something from one of your storys.

A few years ago I used mine to slice up the topskin of my brand new parachute (5 jumps). OK, I didn't do it, it did it all by itself when it unsnapped from my harness and went into the nose of the canopy during deployment :(

lol, thats awesome :)
IHYD

While doing a Tandem, right before exit. A student's first jump after getting his A-License, he managed to entangle a Navigator 240 with the step of a C-182, bail, and hang from it bobbing up and down under the tail.

After cutting him away, the Tandem Passenger says "Is that a normal exit?" hahaha priceless!
-Dale

I've used mine 3 times in the last month. as long a you have a sharp point to make the initial cut they open a deer for field dressing like they had a zipper in them:P

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .