DanielWarringto

board skydiving

I presume you mean what skydivers refer to as "skyboarding". It was more popular about 10-15 years ago than it is now. It is "legal" to do at any skydiving dropzone in the US whose management will permit that type of skydive to be made there.

Skyboarding is an advanced form of skydiving that requires, as a prerequisite, a fair amount of skydiving experience, plus skyboarding-specific training. It requires an advanced skill-set that is above and beyond "regular" skydiving. Dropzone owners/managers will certainly insist upon this, plus the necessary skydiving license, and perhaps additional requirements, before they will allow anyone to make a skyboarding skydive at their facility.

Although, I started jumping in '98 or '99 and there were still a couple of those guys still alive.

They became BORED skydivers...;)

one of 'em actually became my AFF-secondary when i started.. still appreciate his efforts to this day! :D

i bet, after me, he wasnt so bored anymore.. :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

You know how fashions come back...I think skyboarding is comming back.

When I have some more money I plan on flying a recommended coach in. My first exposure to skydive in the media was skyboarding back in the 90's. Still think it's pretty bad ass.

i agree with you. it was mine as well. looked fun, but when i asked my affi what happened to it, his response was "yeah when the whole goal of the event is to induce a spin so fast that you easily black out, people tend loose interest"

still think it was a cool idea, except for the blacking out part.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

When I have some more money I plan on flying a recommended coach in. My first exposure to skydive in the media was skyboarding back in the 90's. Still think it's pretty bad ass.

i agree with you. it was mine as well. looked fun, but when i asked my affi what happened to it, his response was "yeah when the whole goal of the event is to induce a spin so fast that you easily black out, people tend loose interest"

i was probably one of the first snowboarders in europe back in the days..

i always thought, that must be the ULTIMATE lane/track..

so yea, many years later i've actually got into skydiving.. B|
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

i was probably one of the first snowboarders in europe back in the days..
B|

when would that be ?
who was your secondary AFF skyboarder ? Lots of them in your area.

about 22yrs back?
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I saw Troy Hartman red out his eyes from one of his spins, Not my idea of fun! (I flew second camera with him a Vic many times , they were a hell of a team)

If you’re really interested, Oliver furrer will be at our DZ (Pacific Skydiving, North Shore) for about a month. Although I know he doesn’t skyboard much anymore, I’m betting he hasn’t lost any of his skills.
Don't be sexist… Broads hate that.