faulknerwn

Student games

I recollect reading in parachutist I think but maybe here ofa dropzone which did 'student games'. I remember one of the games being that the students talked down the instructors under radio and it was who got them closer to the peas.

They had a lot of whole of other games that I can't remember but would lOve to remember more. Anyone know about this?[email]

Contact Karl and Mariah Eakins. They are most excellent with their student olympics. I don't have their contact info handy and I'm too lazy to look right now. Mariah is running for North Central regional director. You should be able to find her that way.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

I recollect reading in parachutist I think but maybe here ofa dropzone which did 'student games'. I remember one of the games being that the students talked down the instructors under radio and it was who got them closer to the peas.

They had a lot of whole of other games that I can't remember but would lOve to remember more. Anyone know about this?[email]

"Blind Folded Instructors" I recal; game...

Oh the student Olympics. Yup that's something Karl and Merriah have been doing at skydive twin cities for a few years now. I think it is an evolution of another similar event somewhere else but not sure.
Events (off the top of my head so maybe not accurate)
1) Radio controlled people, what you described AFF instructors have student radios on them and are guided in by a student.
2) There is an event where instructors hop on some creepers and the students race to get the most points in a time limit.
3) Tracking dive contests
4) Keep it up canopy contest, keep your canopy kiting and pickup a prize ball before it touches down after landing.
5) Two headed packing, an instructor and a student work together with one arm each to pack rig

I think there are more events now and it keeps growing every year.
Here's a link to the PD blog with a story from the 2007 student Olympics. There is also a link to email team Flew-id which is Karl and Merriah
http://www.thepdblog.com/pdblog/2007/11/student-olympic.html

5) Two headed packing, an instructor and a student work together with one arm each to pack rig

This one sounds hilarious to watch,

Probably not quite as fun as watching drunk blindfolded packjob races.:D:)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Of which you can only claim victory if you jump it the next day.

Of which you can only claim victory if you jump it the next day.

It wasn't their rigs :P

They did leave a note on them though... which was probably funnier than watching them get packed.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Hi Wendy!
Merriah Eakins here... yes the student olympics is an event I created to celebrate the students, and to encourage more interaction between students and up jumpers. Since the students are matched with an experienced jumper for each event, I've found that those same students are often being invited on skydives the very next day!
Luke bascially stated the events that we've been doing, and if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me, and I'll help you anyway that I can!
ps... I knew I recognized your name... I'm on the CRW dog email list too!
Merriah:)

Team Flew-id
Making freefall pretty since 1998