freeflysteve

My daughter Claire maybe UK youngest A license skydiver

Claire has just finished her AFF consuls and hop and pop and her written CH1 exam in 7 days!
She will be 16 in 3 days time and weather permitting when we get home to the UK on Sunday she will be able to do her qualifying jump on her 16th birthday at my home DZ.
No records known of but I believe she would on her 16th birthday become the UKs youngest qualified(A license) skydiver,does anybody know if this would be the case.
She did a total of 19 jumps and I am very proud of her and of course love her to pieces.
:)
Swooping, huh? I love that stuff ... all the flashing lights and wailing sirens ... it's very exciting!

Hi Steve,

Congratulations you must be very proud. I'm sure on that day she will be the youngest BPA licensed skydiver.

As for the all time youngest she might be 2nd to Pete Allum! http://www.skyleague.com/pages/profiles/profile.php?which=PeteAllum IMO there is no shame in that!

Not jumping at Empuria by any chance are you? If you are, you should ask him.

Awesome. Now did you issue her a tazer and a pepper spray for hanging around the dz. :P

you're a very smart man doug, that was just my toughts.. :P:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Congratulations to Claire. From my own experiences
I know how proud you are.

My daughter Caroline started jumping when she was 13, my son James started when he was 14. Both on a modified static line AFF programme.

James got his AFF jumpmaster rating when he was 16. USPA subsequently put a minimum age of 18 for obtaining the rating.
I don't care how many skydives you've got,
until you stepped into complete darkness at
800' wearing 95 lbs of equipment and 42 lbs
of parachute, son you are still a leg!

Thanks,had heard about Pete so she is second but the 1st girl!!
Like you say nothing wrong in that.
Contacted the BPA but they do not keep any records on age of qualifying skydivers,guess all they want records of is whether we have paid our membership fees !!!

We got back to UK yesterday the weather is not so good but hopefully will be good tomorrow on Claires 16th birthday.

Guess this is gonna cost me a whole lot of beers but believe me if you could have seen that smile on her face after she lannd for the first jump it was worth every single penny.

:)will post picture soon

Swooping, huh? I love that stuff ... all the flashing lights and wailing sirens ... it's very exciting!

Gap was brilliant this year and what made it even better she qualified during the vector festival which was awesome- i never thought i would ever get jumping from a CASA or beech 99 let alone do AFF. good meeting you guys out there see yous at Langar B|

Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

Guess this is gonna cost me a whole lot of beers

She's all grown up now! Let her take care of herself! Same sule as people who dont drink beer: they can buy cases of whatever refreshing liquids they want, alchool or not!

Congrats to both of you (mostly her tho ;).. and I second the peper spray idea lol)
Remster

Claire has just finished her AFF consuls and hop and pop and her written CH1 exam in 7 days!
She will be 16 in 3 days time and weather permitting when we get home to the UK on Sunday she will be able to do her qualifying jump on her 16th birthday at my home DZ.
No records known of but I believe she would on her 16th birthday become the UKs youngest qualified(A license) skydiver,does anybody know if this would be the case.
She did a total of 19 jumps and I am very proud of her and of course love her to pieces.
:)

Ahh, that's great. I wish I could have started then.

What's the minimum driving age where you live?