Gamecocks06

new rig suggestions?

Im looking at buying my first rig. Any suggestions. Im 5 10 and 200lbs. Is there an age limit on a rig? How old is to old? Its a racer elite 90, has a 210 main but reserve is only 145. Would this be a good starter rig?

No. Without writing a book, just talk to your instructors.
Student main and reserve should be .75 - 1.0 wing loading. Talk to your local rigger also he might help as well.

Im looking at buying my first rig. Any suggestions. Im 5 10 and 200lbs. Is there an age limit on a rig? How old is to old? Its a racer elite 90, has a 210 main but reserve is only 145. Would this be a good starter rig?

No. Without writing a book, just talk to your instructors.
Student main and reserve should be .75 - 1.0 wing loading. Talk to your local rigger also he might help as well.

+1..... Couldn't have said it any better
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

im far from any pro, but if it were me, id want a reserve close to my main size. because the last thing i want to have to do is figure out how to fly a MUCH smaller canopy than one im used to, ESPECIALLY after having to cut way. thats just my thoughts on it.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Get a Mirage. They have the best advertisements.

Also ... Make sure that reserve has auto pilot, so you don't have to worry about flying it yourself.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

What a shitty main/reserve combo for a first rig (for someone 200lbs or most people for that matter) ... In the interest of saving money, it's still a shitty idea, in my opinion. Don't put the reserve size in the back of your mind. You won't need it until you need it, but when you do, you might appreciate something a bit larger.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs