chopperman1

When did you guys first jump?

Hey John, glad to see you're still jumping after all these years!!
Dan Harding was my dad, hence my handle... I remember you, but you probably don't remember me as I was just a kid at the time...made my first jump at 13...Dad's long past now, but it's nice to see some of the old timers that he jumped with and trained, still active... best of luck to you
Danny

I did my first tandem when I was 17 (April, 2007) and a week later started AFF.

Now I'm 21 and 146, which sucks ass. Money / seasonal jumping is the main reason for such low numbers.
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

1968 Almost back in the day

jumps were inxpensive. fjc was inexpensive, gear was inexpensive. packing classses were free etc. The experience level was low,, no packers & no sky gods.

The airplanes were mostly cessna's with a 400'/min rate of climb. There were no facilities except a plane, & a sod runway,

Our learning curve was steep and slow. 100 jumps /yr.

This was whwn jumping aka skydiving was a sport, Uspa was a jumper org rather than a industry trade group.

In spite of the lack of facilities jumping was not a seasonal sport. Don't understand the rush to pump up the jump numbers. Suggest a minimum of 100 jumps/yr to stay current, but under the present conditions your talking big $$$[:/]

The origional R.I.P.

Just the way it was, and it was fun!

The origional R.I.P.

So I wondering how old were you guys when you got your first jump in. I gonna be doing my first on my 18th birthday, I cant wait to go. I want to get my lisence also so I can jump by myself.

Hi Chops,
"A long, long time ago in a galaxie far, far away," but as the crow flyz it was only 08MAY1964 and I was 18 yrs. old a month shy of 19. 40-sumtin' yrs of draggin' nylon thru the sky!! Seemz' like yesterday and my bones tell me it was yesteryear!!

Have fun buddy and enjoy!! Also, pay great heed to Sparkys' words of wisdom!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

1st Tandem in July 2009 for my 21st B-day. Began AFF in Sept and got my license that same month.

230 jumps since March 2010 when I picked up my new rig and 30 prior to that during AFF and renting gear.
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

1997 Age:18 US ARMY 43E Rigger Ft. Benning Military Static Line .. I still remember my exact thought as I was shuffling to the door .. "FuC IT !!!"

1992 Age:22 Ft Lewis Parachute club, we shuttled down to Ralphs and did are first jumps on Staticline progression. Frank Stonko was my instructor.