chopperman1

When did you guys first jump?

Skratch!

You completed the quote exactly. Can’t imagine why it came to mind, other than perhaps triggered by the eloquence ("MUTHAH FUCKER, LET ME IN!") of someone I probably should remember. Sardonic? Disingenuous? Me? Perish the thought.

There is, however, no hesitancy in remembering Skratch Garrison, one of the sport’s great contributors and innovators. Hmmm, 2.7 decades ago … let’s see, the first time was your chief judgeship at the 1970 Turkey Meet and having our ten-mans scored in fractions rather than decimals. (‘Whoever heard of 40 1/3 seconds?’ ‘Shhh, don’t argue; the guy’s got about 16 PhDs.’) And then the first Ten-man Nationals at Tahlequah; and then, and then…

Rumor has it that you’re teaching theoretical mathematics in a Far Eastern tonal language these days. And I thought I was doing good ordering a meal in pidgin French!

Nice to know the good guys are still hanging in there.
Hoop

...eloquence...

I have NEVER been accused of such a thing before in my entire life! I'm appalled!

:D:D:D

Just so you know....I really did appreciate you letting me get through training on the cheap like you did back then.
:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

First static line in 2001 age 22. 4 jumps, then sprained both ankles! [:/]

First freefall AFF jump in 2003 age 25. 7 jumps but didn't graduate.

Started AFF from scratch in 2006 age 27 - all 8 levels in 8 jumps. Now 28, have about 100 jumps, my own rig, I'm the Chairman of my DZ's club and I'm running an AFF exped for 30 people to Perris in May! B|
Skydiving is more than a sport and more than a job: skydiving is pure passion and desire which will fill a lifetime.

I was visiting my daughter in New Hampshire on July 3, 2006 And at age 59 I made my first tandem jump in Lebanon Maine. As soon as I returned home I signed up for AFP in New Jersey. So I now have my B license and 89 jumps, joined both SOS and POP's. Only wish I had started 40 years ago. B|
It doesn't have to make sense, It's just the way things are.

I was 21, just out of the Army and was on my way to see my folks at a camp site. I was driving past a small airport with a sign saying "Red Eagle Skydiving" Instruction and Demonstrations, I pulled in and didn't leave till 10 years later!! that was in Aug 1968.
D-2626, SCR1999, SCS641, NSCR2350, GW6909

Blue Skies!!!!!!

(in 1968; jumping military chutes and the new para-commanders; at an old dz called Eagle Field in central California). Was in high school; parents signed a waiver for me with jumpmaster, for S/L.
"You can't overcome weakness by fighting it,
or by thinking your way out of it:
Evolution doesn't work that way . . .
You overcome weakness by leaving it behind you!" ~ Stuart Wilde ~

I did a two-instructor aff jump in 1994, when i was 22 and then some random tandems here and there. Went into aff again in 2005 and got licensed.
-Rainier

Sparks Brother #1 // "I vaguely heard someone yell "wait!" but by that point i was out the door." Quote from dz.com somewhere