chopperman1

When did you guys first jump?

20. I started going to to Z-Hills with my older brother when I was 19 in 1973. He started jumping but the legal age in Florida at the time was 21, so I had to watch for a few months until the State changed the legal age to 18. Made my first jump on July 1st, 1973, the day the legal age changed. My parents weren't too happy, but I sure was!

Make sure you post back here with your experience of that jump!

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

My first tandem was my 25th birthday present from my brother..which got me hooked. I started AFF 4 weeks later...which got me obsessed! Im 25 now ;)
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

I was 27 years old

My fiancé however has an interesting story;

When she was 13 years old she went for a tandem jump with 2 of her friends, paid for by saving her pocket money etc. she loved it so much she took on 3 jobs while attending high school did 6 or so more tandems before her 16th birthday when she began AFF(at 7:00am on that day). She started on stage 2 as she was allowed to do stage 1 on a tandem before the age of 16, after a year or so she had over 100 jumps paid for completely by herself and then began the commercial skydiving diploma in Christchurch when it first started. By this stage she was already packing for a job. She was a commercial photographer by the age of 18. Now at 23 she has numerous records, including the JFTC 151way(youngest participant), Has jumped in every continent except Antarctica and has competed at the world meet in freestyle skydiving for New Zealand (with me:)), and now approaching 5000 jumps!

Cool eh,

(thinks to himself "what a score";))
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

So I wondering how old were you guys when you got your first jump in. I gonna be doing my first on my 18th birthday, I cant wait to go. I want to get my lisence also so I can jump by myself.

First one I can remember, 12-12 1984 17 years old.
First Jump/jumps: somewhere between Jan-Oct 1967;)

Mel, said it best, explains why I went into the fetal position my first few static line jumps.:)

I did my first jump when I was 20. Did 2 Tandems... after my second tandem I took my AFF course and graduated a week and a half later on Feb. 1, 2006.

All it took was selling my car, selling my belongings (textbooks, clothes, Bonds), moving into a garage, and selling my life away to the sport... but it's been worth it!!

God, I remember walking up to the dz caringing a glass jar with all the money I had saved and collected from selling my possessions... Deb would always count it out though patiently.

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

I did my first jump when I was 20. Did 2 Tandems... after my second tandem I took my AFF course and graduated a week and a half later on Feb. 1, 2006.

All it took was selling my car, selling my belongings (textbooks, clothes, Bonds), moving into a garage, and selling my life away to the sport... but it's been worth it!!

God, I remember walking up to the dz caringing a glass jar with all the money I had saved and collected from selling my possessions... Deb would always count it out though patiently.

Now that's Passion!!!;)

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!