chopperman1

When did you guys first jump?

1987, age 22 , did two static line jumps on rounds [:/]
After an 18 year lay off I did my AFF in 2005 at the tender age of 39 & 9 months.
worth the wait :)
Fly Like Zie Eagle, Not Like Zie Chicken !
Good advice from an instructor I know.

So I wondering how old were you guys when you got your first jump in. I gonna be doing my first on my 18th birthday, I cant wait to go. I want to get my lisence also so I can jump by myself.

17, in 1971. My mom signed the waiver.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

technically I was 14 y.o. when I did my first three jumps.

In Russia they allowed to start jumping at 15, but I was only 2 month short of being 15 and also brought a note from my parents saying that they were OK
"Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off"
Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"

I waited to start jumping until I had the money set aside to be able to get my A license and buy gear. I knew once I started I'd want to keep going, so I made sure I'd have the money to do so. Good thing I did, because I ended up getting my A and buying a rig all in one month (April was very expensive for me) B|

i did my first jump while on vacation in New Zealand at the age of 26. I was hooked with the idea of being a skydiver since I was 16 but didn't want to do it until I had a chance to go full steam ahead. I couldn't till now cuz of school, work, etc. I'm glad I waited because I was able to get my license in a month and have jumped in Elsinore, Perris, Hawaii, Chicago, San Diego and Eloy since. My first passion is traveling...my second is skydiving and doing the two in combination is unbelievable!!! Be prepared for the ride because skydiving is a lifestyle not just a hobby.

April 27, 1974. I was 18. T-10 static line from a C-182 at Seneca Falls, NY. Our JM, a guy named Dave Staub, gave us a peptalk and asked for a volunteer he could rely on to go first. Told him I'd do it.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

August 20th, 2005 41 years old.

Stopped to get my best friend some tandem information for her birthday, saw Pip Redvers hook turning to land, went to the bank, came back with $2200.00, and started AFF within a week.

...when I was 19 in 1973. He started jumping but the legal age in Florida at the time was 21, so I had to watch for a few months until the State changed the legal age to 18. Made my first jump on July 1st, 1973, the day the legal age changed. My parents weren't too happy, but I sure was!

Damn. Now I find out that I'm even older than YOU. Damn.
>:(

July 1st, 1973, I was at Tampa's Dino's bar on S. Dale Mabry pissed off because all the 18's were in there starting trouble and fights and stupid shit 'cause they couldn't handle their liquor. It was such a peaceful place before that night.

First jump, 1977, Z-hills. Static line, T-10, belly reserve. Puckered my butt up TIGHT I tell you.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

1987, age 22 , did two static line jumps on rounds [:/]
After an 18 year lay off I did my AFF in 2005 at the tender age of 39 & 9 months.
worth the wait :)

Military static: 1977, I was 22

Freefall: 2001, I was 46

I wish I didn't wait so long, but life got in the way.I don't regret life (kids/school), but I do regret not extending when I was on a HALO/SCUBA team. I went to SCUBA school in '78, and I was slotted for HALO school in '79, but eh, I ets to go to college. :S

steveOrino

1975, I was 20. SL, obviously. I took the longest class I could find (seemed safer somehow). 6 evening classes :ph34r:. Boy did I learn how to PLF, and I also packed my first jump. I understood what the Stevens assist was for.

About 1100 jumps in the next 13 years, then 13 off. Came back about 6 years ago.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

...when I was 19 in 1973. He started jumping but the legal age in Florida at the time was 21, so I had to watch for a few months until the State changed the legal age to 18. Made my first jump on July 1st, 1973, the day the legal age changed. My parents weren't too happy, but I sure was!

Damn. Now I find out that I'm even older than YOU. Damn.
>:(

July 1st, 1973, I was at Tampa's Dino's bar on S. Dale Mabry pissed off because all the 18's were in there starting trouble and fights and stupid shit 'cause they couldn't handle their liquor. It was such a peaceful place before that night.

First jump, 1977, Z-hills. Static line, T-10, belly reserve. Puckered my butt up TIGHT I tell you.

1977, hell I was still jumping at Z-Hills on and off in 77, even putting out the occasional static line student. Have we met (you old fart you :ph34r:)?

Wait a minute, I just looked up SCS 8170 to find your last name and the record shows you got your SCS on 9/10/2004, something doesn't add up here...

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519