FFjumper

Remote Air-drop Humanitarian Assistance

Since Remote Air Medical no longer operates, does anyone know of an organizations that does similar operations- train to jump into natural disaster remote areas to provide medical help to the local populace?

If so please let me know, thanks. If not, does anyone want to start up a small humanitarian assistance mission like such?? Curious.....
Mike

"If we don't know life, how can we know death?" - Confucius

Ummmmmm, I may be missing something, but.......

Remote Area Medical is still in operation as far as I know. They just did a mission to Haiti a few weeks ago, and they have several events lined up for 2011.

I checked the website and it said they filed for 'dissolution' and were giving thanks to all of the volunteers. Am I missing something? Could be the case.
Mike

Ummmmmm, I may be missing something, but.......

Remote Area Medical is still in operation as far as I know. They just did a mission to Haiti a few weeks ago, and they have several events lined up for 2011.

Ok, I apologize. That is a different website than the one I was looking at. The other one had RAM as a support element apparently. Thank you.
Mike

The U.S. military is always hiring. ;)

I'm in the U.S. Army awaiting my undesired medical retirement due to combat injuries. I have performed such missions in both theatres of war.

I believe I have exhausted that option.
Mike

I once jumped into a remote stretch of Baja, California (in Mexico) to help out two stranded surfers. They'd been there for a week already without any provisions or supplies. I jumped in with the food and water the three of us would need until the Mexican Navy effected our rescue. The only hard part was strapping on the 24 cans of beer they requested!

NickD :)

I once jumped into a remote stretch of Baja, California (in Mexico) to help out two stranded surfers. They'd been there for a week already without any provisions or supplies. I jumped in with the food and water the three of us would need until the Mexican Navy effected our rescue. The only hard part was strapping on the 24 cans of beer they requested!

NickD :)

They only asked for a few hours resupply? You would think people would plan for a few days alone. Just strap up a kep and ride it in... mission accomplished and cool points.
Mike