GLIDEANGLE

Skydiving Goals for 2011?

Other than the obvious: have fun, jump lots, avoid injury & death... What are your skydiving goals for 2011?

Mine:

Senior Rigger rating
PRO rating

(My friends will say...  "Weren't those your goals for LAST year?" Yes, but pursuing an AFFI rating, making ~90 AFFI jumps, and a season-ending injury got in the way. I am healed up and ready to GO FOR IT!)
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Make 300 jumps, a few hours of tunnel time, get coach rating, stop sucking at freeflying, do more hybrids. Compete in intermediate 4way at nationals if I can get a team together. Spend a lot more money on fancy gear and electronic gadgets.

Non-skydiving but aviation-related I'm also hoping to get a Glider/Sailplane license in 2011 B|

http://www.mixcloud.com/prajna
http://vimeo.com/avidya

Finish up my A card, get a B License, attend a boogie or two, and maybe do a balloon or helicopter jump when I have an appropriate level of experience.

I'm Going to be in South Africa in June for study abroad and I'll like to jump while I'm there.

Not lofty goals by any stretch, but I'm not really a lofty guy.
Peace, love and hoppiness

I want to swoop more in 2011.

Although my dropzone closed, so looks like I'm going to be traveling a little bit more.

Well if you head out to Perris you got a place to stay :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I want to swoop more in 2011.

Although my dropzone closed, so looks like I'm going to be traveling a little bit more.

Well if you head out to Perris you got a place to stay :)

HA! Don't like chowder for lunch?

That is the hardest I've ever rotated into the pond to that point and since!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Cross through 4750 jumps and get as close to 5000 as I can.

Run 6 Ratings Courses

Do no less than 10 Demo's

4-way at Nationals, if I can get a Team organized.

Jump at two more DZ's this year than the usual two, expand my horizons.

Continue to speak out and stop people from doing stupid shit that may hurt them and others.

Try and get more DZ's to have "Canopy Cop's" at Boogies and in general.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

- Compete in the FL Canopy League
- Compete in US Canopy Nationals
- Get back to some freeflying, as I have been neglecting my freefall skills something fierce.
- 2-10 tunnel hours (whatever happens, happens)
-Maybe a PRO rating, and some demos if I do.
- Target for 500 jumps.

That should keep me busy.

Other than the obvious: have fun, jump lots, avoid injury & death... What are your skydiving goals for 2011?

Mine:

Senior Rigger rating
PRO rating

(My friends will say...  "Weren't those your goals for LAST year?" Yes, but pursuing an AFFI rating, making ~90 AFFI jumps, and a season-ending injury got in the way. I am healed up and ready to GO FOR IT!)

Goals:
My goals for 2010 (first year) were to complete my A license this season, and not break any bones or other serious injuries. A few close calls but mission/s accomplished so far!

2011:
1) B license- water training and skills test, I am 4 jumps away from the 50 jump requirement.
2) Learn mantis position better and get proficient at basic novice to intermediate level 4-way RW.
3) More coach jumps for confidence in freefall with others/formations, and more hop and pops to build confidence under canopy and with patterns (now that I have my own rig, it should be easier to learn the ins and outs of my gear, over that of rental gear for sure!!)
4) Obviously-- Have fun! If I leave the plane smiling, deploy, and land safely, ultimate goal/mission accomplished :P
5) Not skydiving per se, but my first tandem paraglider ride! And see where that leads...
6) Consistently pack for myself- don't want to get into the pay-the-packer habit (though I may pay them to stuff it in the bag for me haha I can do the rest... :P:))
7) No cutaways in 2011! (haha unless necessary, then yes I'll do it...)
8) Stick with jumps I am comfortable with and not push too far outside my boundaries.. there's plenty of time to work up to that.. for now two or three ways are plenty.
9) Improve my manual spotting skills out of the C182 this winter.

edit for ridiculous spelling errors...
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

- try to get 200+ jumps out of some 40 days i might have for jumping next year
- get my B
- at least two hours of tunnel time
- get decent on my belly
- WS FFC

also, check few things on my skydiving bucket list like: balloon/helicopter/skyvan jumps.

BASE FJC will most likely have to wait for 2012.