twodarhythm

Finally got my own rig!

So I finally got my own rig and im really excited about it! Its a javelin container with a pd reserve and a sabre canopy. Its got all the upgrades, tons of extra padding and i absolutely love it! I want to wear it around all the time, lol. I am really excited and just wanted to tell everyone! I jumped with it for the first time yesterday. It was pretty cloudy so I did a hop n pop and it flew great and was so comfy I could barely tell I was wearing it! ;-P What was your first rig like?

What was your first rig like?

Mine was a surplus military container modified for sport use. No padding, olive drab, flaps and straps hanging all over the place. Had to borrow a reserve whenever I went to the DZ until I got a PopTop.

That rig sat next to me in the front seat of the truck so I could admire it though. There's something about ANY first rig.

congrats!
jon

Dirty, worn, well loved by at least 4 previous owners. The colors were from the 80's. The manufacturer of the container and reserve are long out of business.
It didn't fit well, but it was affordable and made it possible for me to skydive.
It was the most fun rig I've ever had. My first *new* rig is a Rigging Innovations Voodoo, and it's incredibly comfy, has seen me through a thousand + jumps. I wouldn't trade it for the world (except for maybe a new Voodoo).

Congratulations!

Mine, Vector, I think I was the 4th owner, it was far to big for me, had a crueslite main, 5 cell swift reserve, (which I still use) , Now I have 2 vector and 2 javilins, I have nevr owned a new rig, but have three complete ready to go rigs because of it!

>What was your first rig like?

A Swift container with a round reserve and a Pursuit 215 main. Replaced the round with a PD160R pretty quickly, then replaced the Pursuit (after a broken foot and a screwed up knee) with a PD190. Later made the mod to move the PC to BOC.

Congrats on the new rig! I remember the feeling. :)
Mine was 5 or 6 years ago - a Mirage G4 with a little over 100 jumps on it. 1 owner. Came with a PD-193 reserve and a Cypres that was a few years old. Bought a used PD-190 main to go in it. Am on my 4th canopy (Pilot 168), but still have the same rig, reserve, and AAD! :)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Congrats on the new rig! I remember the feeling. :)
Mine was 5 or 6 years ago - a Mirage G4 with a little over 100 jumps on it. 1 owner. Came with a PD-193 reserve and a Cypres that was a few years old. Bought a used PD-190 main to go in it. Am on my 4th canopy (Pilot 168), but still have the same rig, reserve, and AAD! :)

Similar situation for me. In early 2005 I found a Wings (2003 DOM) with 10 jumps on it that came with a Raven II 218 (one pack job, no jumps). Rig fit me pretty well. I bought an AAD (new) and a Spectre with 450 jumps on it. I'm on my third main, but still have the rest of the gear. (Well, actually I'm on AAD #2 because AAD #1 took a salt water bath, but that's another story altogether).:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Mine was a surplus military container modified for sport use. No padding, olive drab, flaps and straps hanging all over the place.

Sounds like mine. First had a C-9 cheapo in it; then my friend got a Strato-Star so I used his French Pap for a while until I bought my own ParaCommander.

Congrats on the new rig! I did that too in 2010. Mine is a Vector3.

It's such a nice feeling to have your own gear and to stop renting. From what I've heard, taken care of properly, that new rig should last a very long time.
The meaning of life . . . is to make life have meaning.

"What was your first rig like?"

Wonderhog with a 26ft Pioneer LoPo round reserve and an RW Para Commander (also a round) I loved it and stood it up almost every time. Even hit the peas with that state of the art high performance parachute. :D

Green Light
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."
"Your statement answered your question."

Congratulations. If you feel like wearing it around the house go for it. This is my first rig. A 28’ C-9, 7TU and a 24’ flat reserve. Got the complete rig, a double zipper Pioneer jumpsuit that fit and a pair of French boots the right size. All for $125 cash money.

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/FirstrigElsinore.jpg

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/FrenchBoots.jpg
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Congratulations. If you feel like wearing it around the house go for it. This is my first rig. A 28’ C-9, 7TU and a 24’ flat reserve. Got the complete rig, a double zipper Pioneer jumpsuit that fit and a pair of French boots the right size. All for $125 cash money.

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/FirstrigElsinore.jpg

But how much was the motorcycle helmet?;)

Sparky

But how much was the motorcycle helmet?;)

$15 :)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

All this rig talk is getting to me... Guess I'm going to go assemble and pack my new Vector 3...

Its only my... 3rd skydiving rig, but still... (Didn't jump the second one... gave it to a friend)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

First rig:
Army surplus harness/container w. chestmount reserve, and tapewell main releases. Paracommander MK1

Second rig:
Wonderhog w. belly-mount throw-out, blast-handle reserve. 5-cell Stratostar

Third rig (all custom!!!;)) Original Mirage, Pegasus main, 24' Phantom reserve.

I believe you have my stapler.