norcalgeargirl

Personal Responsibility in Jumping

Hi NCGG

Talk about a DZ taking a double hit. $$$ & boobs walking out the door:(

The poor thing didn't even make it out to the DZ to see that the odds were 10 to 1 in her favor in the male dominated hard body sport.

Shame shame NCGG if a guy :)had shown the same video he would have been more understanding ;)of the Boobies/$ initial reaction & comforted her as much as she would let him. Then her male instuctor would start dating her and another natural skydiver would have found her nich.

Thats also part of the reality of the sport. Anyone want to deny it?

One Jump Wonder

>That's fucking stupid.

I don't think that's stupid at all. She learned more about the sport and now she thinks it's too dangerous for her. Good for her. We'd all be better off if more people made that decision sooner rather than later.

Yes, but most DZO's would prefer they come to that epiphany after they finish AFF.

Most gear dealers would prefer they come to that epiphany after they buy their first rig.

However this BRITISH chick sat through them and them and never walked out and watched them entirely no one forced her too.

...her own stupid British self.

Not that I'm biased, but what does her nationality have to do with this?

However this BRITISH chick sat through them and them and never walked out and watched them entirely no one forced her too.

Diet...;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Diet...;)

Bad teeth?

Diet...;)

Bad teeth?

strange accent?
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Diet...;)

Bad teeth?

strange accent?

Yank chicks love it.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

Diet...;)

Bad teeth?

strange accent?

Yank chicks love it.

I was wondering why my wife set her Tom Tom to sound like my buddy Nigel >:(
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Awesome! That is so true! hehehehe

Please don't agree with me;)

A couple of month's a sweet young thing with a screen name to match asked what appeared to be a very innocent question.

Something about She couldn't remember what the DZ told her to wear for her first jump that happened to be in the winter.

I tried to give her a reality check:). Say what you can't remember what cloth's to wear in the winter.
What the hell are you going to do when you have a mal and your got 5-10 seconds to do your EP's act together, or your going to die.

The dogs single and married cam out of the woodwork I immediatly got flamed big time, and the sweet young thing was a instant hit by the dogs and the folks working in the industry.

After the first couple of posts I just LMAO and never looked back.

I remember back in the day when the first time a single babe showed up at the DZ. On her first jump she landed out like everyone else.

The only difference was 1 dog was carrying her helmet,another dog was carrying her belly wart, and the third dog daisy chained her lines and carried the main back to the DZ for her.

She loved "jumping" for about 2-3 month's. Then she left and we got our reguler pilot back. The guy's wife grounded him until she left.:o

The pilot was old and just wanted to fly the plane. He even thought he was the king of his castle. When he came bqck I asked him about the king thing.

The queen allowed the pilot to be king until there was a disagreement about a single women on the DZ. She reminded him how much he had to lose in a divorce (a lot) so he stayed in his castle like the queen told him.

True story first hand info 40 yr's ago I'll never forget it:D:D:D

I've been married for 36 yr's and I wear the pants in my family:)
One Jump Wonder

:D:D:D

Nothing has changed in that respect except the equipment being carried.

Yup....and thank God the gear is lighter and the jumpsuits are tighter!

Lets not forget the lighter weights so everyone gets a faster climb rate. The extra altitude for a flashing the pilot. and the nice perfume.

I tried flashing the pilot a dude:) I think we actually lost a little altitude.

Warning!!!!!Never ever try and flash a female jump pilot. Unless your Tiger Woods or Brett Farve they can afford it.
One Jump Wonder

Lets not forget the lighter weights so everyone gets a faster climb rate. The extra altitude for a flashing the pilot. and the nice perfume.

I tried flashing the pilot a dude:) I think we actually lost a little altitude.

Warning!!!!!Never ever try and flash a female jump pilot. Unless your Tiger Woods or Brett Farve they can afford it.

There are FEMALE PILOTS?!?! :o:S:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I would hope so... or you're in for some explaining about your marriage.:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Sitting here in my hostel where I am living last night watching some SD and BASE vids. The Dutch people thought they were totally cool. However this BRITISH chick sat through them and them and never walked out and watched them entirely no one forced her too. However today I get a phone call from the local SD centre that I should not show my videos where I love. RADIX was too disturbing for this person and that she is too scared to jump now.

So blame me, RADIX and the screw in Jimmy's pelvis and Shane (RIP mate) but not her own stupid British self.

When are people going to take responsibility for their own deicsion to jump or NOT TOO JUMP. I guess she finally figured out that jumping is not a ride at 6 flags Great Adventure and there is a reality to it??:o

All prospective students should be shown carnage before they sign the waiver; that way, when the enterprising lawyers decide whether to take their cases, they see the vid and say, "You saw THAT and STILL you jumped? No way a jury will find in your favor. C-ya!"

The biggest threat we face as individual jumpers, drop zones and the sport/industry itself is not scaring off a few wussies because of carnage vids but getting sued by same and the best way to reduce that risk it to make it abundantly clear, in living bloody/xray color just what you face when you jump; it scares off the wussies, it gives pause to the scammers and it defeats most lawyers before they even get started (thus taking a page from The Art of War: "The acme of skill is not to win 100 victoris in 100 battles; the acme of skill is to subdue the enemy without fighting").

Bill Dause does a variation on this: He charges extra for credit card purchases, and if someone complains that "that's not legal," he points to the door and says, "Leave." The reasoning is obvious; if someone snivels legally about a $3 surcharge, they are in fact more predisposed toward litigation than those who don't.

All this crapola about having epiphanies after they spend some $$$ is ridiculously short-sighted (though of course most of those comments were made in jest): people who complain about videos and otherwise reveal a whining, sniveling, legally-oriented personality should be pre-screened out of the parachuting ecosystem at the earliest possible moment, and I have long advocated that the best way to do that is with a serious dose of orientation carnage BEFORE they pays their money and takes their chances.

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

Female pilots don't fly junk?

So no german female antqiue fliers?

They'd fly MY junk, but not yours.
:P

Uh.....maybe I got that turned around....I dunno.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Female pilots don't fly junk?

So no german female antqiue fliers?

They'd fly MY junk, but not yours.
:P

Uh.....maybe I got that turned around....I dunno.

I prefer to give them simulator training where i get to be the plane's control systems.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yea, but can they hold a grip on a hard core 10 way? ;)

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Diet...;)

Bad teeth?

OK, I'll (ahem) 'bite' - it's a fair cop. After all, as the great Spike Milligan once wrote:

English Teeth, English Teeth!
Shining in the sun
A part of British heritage
Aye, each and every one.
English Teeth, Happy Teeth!
Always having fun
Clamping down on bits of fish
And sausages half done.
English Teeth! HEROES' Teeth!
Hear them click! and clack!
Let's sing a song of praise to them -
Three Cheers for the Brown Grey and Black.

But diet? :P