norcalgeargirl

Personal Responsibility in Jumping

Sitting here in my hostel where I am living last night watching some SD and BASE vids. The Dutch people thought they were totally cool. However this BRITISH chick sat through them and them and never walked out and watched them entirely no one forced her too. However today I get a phone call from the local SD centre that I should not show my videos where I love. RADIX was too disturbing for this person and that she is too scared to jump now.

So blame me, RADIX and the screw in Jimmy's pelvis and Shane (RIP mate) but not her own stupid British self.

When are people going to take responsibility for their own deicsion to jump or NOT TOO JUMP. I guess she finally figured out that jumping is not a ride at 6 flags Great Adventure and there is a reality to it??:o

people need to realize that there is a risk in what they are undertaking, if decisions are based on seeing a video then so be it.
We can't be putting a hood over peoples eyes and throwing them out.
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

IF, you went as extreme as my "blooper" tapes I put together from the skydiving school at perris, I might understand, After watching reactions of low timers, I volunterally pulled them out of the bar..

They are great learning tools for instructors, but came across wrong to low timers!

I agree with skyrider here. Sometimes wisdom is the greater part of valor.

We can show them the fun parts or we can show them the grisly parts...I like the fun parts for prospective jumpers. (I'm thinking tandem student here...if that makes a difference.)

If I was a marketeer, I don't know that I would be trying to bring in business by showing grisly stuff.

OTOH, some of you DO have a point in that the grisly stuff drives home one side of the realities that we have to deal with.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Sitting here in my hostel where I am living last night watching some SD and BASE vids. The Dutch people thought they were totally cool. However this BRITISH chick sat through them and them and never walked out and watched them entirely no one forced her too. However today I get a phone call from the local SD centre that I should not show my videos where I love. RADIX was too disturbing for this person and that she is too scared to jump now.

So blame me, RADIX and the screw in Jimmy's pelvis and Shane (RIP mate) but not her own stupid British self.

When are people going to take responsibility for their own deicsion to jump or NOT TOO JUMP. I guess she finally figured out that jumping is not a ride at 6 flags Great Adventure and there is a reality to it??:o

Hi ncgg,
"Joke 'em if they can't take a fu*k!!" Skydiving is "NOT" a "SAFE" Sport!! We know the risk and make the decision for our selves. Sugar coating the Sport for the newly introduced is a sure way to a future crater! Remember the immortal words of Mike "Sparky" Owens,"You are not now nor will you ever be good enough not to die in this Sport!" As another saying goes,"Learn from the mistakes of others, you can't make all of them yourself!!" Those who've known me over the years know about my "Sammy Skull pirate flag" I trail behind me under canopy. John Tippy out here at Raeford rattled my cage about it when he first saw it wanting to know if I was some kinda' Black Death Freak or whatever. We were at Aviators (the airport bar) and I put down my beer and said,"I got tired of seein' bodies being policed up from craters so I fly the flag to try to remind people that this is 'NOT' a Safe sport and lets' be careful out there.!!" Also remember skyriders' "blooper" tape, what fun, especially,"Sumo-Skydiver!!!" Break it out Gypsy!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

>That's fucking stupid.

I don't think that's stupid at all. She learned more about the sport and now she thinks it's too dangerous for her. Good for her. We'd all be better off if more people made that decision sooner rather than later.

>That's fucking stupid.

I don't think that's stupid at all. She learned more about the sport and now she thinks it's too dangerous for her. Good for her. We'd all be better off if more people made that decision sooner rather than later.

Yes, but most DZO's would prefer they come to that epiphany after they finish AFF.

or we can show them the grisly parts...I like the fun parts for prospective jumpers. (I'm thinking tandem student here...if that makes a difference.)

some of you DO have a point in that the grisly stuff drives home one side of the realities that we have to deal with.

I always like the ambulance pulling away from the DZ in the Vector Tandem waiver video. I always noted it didn't seem to be in a hurry. If you want to skydive, you gotta know that can happen.

People are still watching RADIX? wow. Hold on to that copy. None left.

I showed my X-Ray in the "carange" section cuz that really happened. I'm just glad I wasn't paralyzed. I never intended to scare anyone away from the sport.

Just trying to provide some entertainment during the rainy days when jumping isn't possible.

I don't think the OP was showing videos to the fist jump students. At least that is not how I read the post.

And you would be correct.
The British girl in question was a "potential" jumper...as I purposely mentioned.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

>That's fucking stupid.

Yes, but most DZO's would prefer they come to that epiphany after they finish PAYING FOR AFF.

They don't have to do the course so longs as the cheque clears:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

>That's fucking stupid.

Yes, but most DZO's would prefer they come to that epiphany after they finish PAYING FOR AFF.

They don't have to do the course so longs as the cheque clears:P

Scare their ass...Save on gas!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

...too disturbing for this person and that she is too scared to jump now.

I have some great CRW wrap videos that I use to win people over to CRW. I get a similar reaction sometimes. See photo. Go figure. :o

Kevin K.

>That's fucking stupid.

I meant it was stupid for the SD center to tell her she not to show her videos anymore. I know, They can do what they want...blah blah blah

I don't think the OP was showing videos to the fist jump students. At least that is not how I read the post.

And you would be correct.
The British girl in question was a "potential" jumper...as I purposely mentioned.

From the wording of the OP I didn't take it that way. I still think it's a good thing. Anyone who would decide not to jump after seeing a video would sue your ass if they got hurt.

I have some great CRW wrap videos that I use to win people over to CRW. I get a similar reaction sometimes. See photo. Go figure. Shocked

Kevin K.

Pffffttt.....thats not a wrap. Barely even scary....

If this chick freaked out about a video (and I assume she'd already done some skydive training) then her instructor should turn in his rating.

But if she's such a pussy, she should go bowling as well.....with her instructor.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....