SpinxB

Get one's jump count up

Hello everybody.

So my situation is; I want to get alot of jumps done in like six months, in other words I want to get a lot of jumps done in a short period of time, and I'm not a skilled enough packer to pack others' rigs... What should I do?

Thx!

Hello everybody.

So my situation is; I want to get alot of jumps done in like six months, in other words I want to get a lot of jumps done in a short period of time, and I'm not a skilled enough packer to pack others' rigs... What should I do?

Thx!

Shut up and jump!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Get on the right and bang em out.... if you keep it rash you should be able to keep the count high, just double up on the bacon if you fall behind the 8-ball. That should do the trick. ;)

*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Your situation, or how you presented it, is confusing.

If you need to make a ton of jumps, the answer si smiple, go to a DZ and jump. There are DZs that fly virtually all day, every day, go to one of them and stay until you have as many jumps as want.

I'm not sure what being a packer has to do with any of this, but if the idea is that you can make money packing to pay for those jump, then it seems that your problem is needing the money for the jumps, not where to make the jumps. In that case, join the club. There are very few jumpers who are not limited by the financial aspect of the sport. Either they don't have the cash to jump as much as they wany, or they don't have the time because they're too busy working.

That said, what the hell is wrong with you that after 100+ jumps you can't pack well enough to be a packer? if the answer is that you don't usually pack for yourself, you're answer is right in front of you - stop spending money on packers, and learn to do it for yourself and in turn, do it for others so you can make that jump money you need.

Hop n pops

This sort of reply is typical of you. You come back with a one-liner answer without trying to figure out what the OP really wants/needs.

What if they are really trying to work on freeflying, or to get their freefall time up to go for an AFF rating?

To the OP: if money is an issue, try asking about jump packages. Some DZs will give you a discount if you buy a set number of jumps up front.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

Your situation, or how you presented it, is confusing.

If you need to make a ton of jumps, the answer si smiple, go to a DZ and jump. There are DZs that fly virtually all day, every day, go to one of them and stay until you have as many jumps as want.

I'm not sure what being a packer has to do with any of this, but if the idea is that you can make money packing to pay for those jump, then it seems that your problem is needing the money for the jumps, not where to make the jumps. In that case, join the club. There are very few jumpers who are not limited by the financial aspect of the sport. Either they don't have the cash to jump as much as they wany, or they don't have the time because they're too busy working.

That said, what the hell is wrong with you that after 100+ jumps you can't pack well enough to be a packer? if the answer is that you don't usually pack for yourself, you're answer is right in front of you - stop spending money on packers, and learn to do it for yourself and in turn, do it for others so you can make that jump money you need.

I could not help myself posting.
This is a VERY GOOD answer to a VERY SILLY question.

The only way to get jump numbers up is to jump.

BUT, packing is not the only way to pay your way to jump.
You can babysit, wash cars, pack groceries etc etc.

You do what you have to do to get it done.

Don't understand the rush to pump up your numbers.

In our country some women say "size doesn't matter" it's what you can do with what you got. If you don't understand what I'm telling look between your legs the next time you take a pee.

Like most everyone said. Whats the good of jump numbers if you can't perform. Relax take a deep breath learn your gear if you got any etc. Enjoy the journey you may find it was better than your destination.

Don't know how to pack fast enough after 100 jumps[:/]

One Jump Wonder

Hello everybody.

Thx!

Hop n pops are not jumps, skydiving/freefall time is jumps...Yoru focusing on teh wrong part fo skyding..

20 quility jumps with good fliers, is worth more than a hundred solo's!

Hop n pops are not jumps, skydiving/freefall time is jumps...Yoru focusing on teh wrong part fo skyding..

Yeah, cuz spending time working on canopy control is a waste. I mean that might actually save your or someone else's life.

It's way more important to be able to turn points than it is to land safely. :S

Hello everybody.

Thx!

20 quility jumps with good fliers, is worth more than a hundred solo's!

Not for a PRO Rating! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, cuz spending time working on canopy control is a waste. I mean that might actually save your or someone else's life.

It's way more important to be able to turn points than it is to land safely.

Some people even LIKE flying their canopies, some even jump mainly for the canopy flight. What's up with those accuracy guys and swoopers anyway?

Sometimes you eat the bear..............

um wow

o my situation is; I want to get alot of jumps done in like six months, in other words I want to get a lot of jumps done in a short period of time, and I'm not a skilled enough packer to pack others' rigs... What should I do?

Thx!

hop n pops would achieve that....
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

um wow

o my situation is; I want to get alot of jumps done in like six months, in other words I want to get a lot of jumps done in a short period of time, and I'm not a skilled enough packer to pack others' rigs... What should I do?

Thx!

Hop'n'pops won't prepare him to fly the wingsuit he bought.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

um wow

Thx!

Hop'n'pops won't prepare him to fly the wingsuit he bought.

Ohhhhh...Now the real goal comes out, then Parachute jumps won;t do much to help him either, (which skydiving skills I took for granted is what he wanted, just to be Hen Pecked by a bunch of canopy fans):S (gawd take up paragliding if that your thrill.:S:ph34r: )