rhys

The number of jumps required for jumping a camera in different countries

This thread was intended for those that do not necessarily jump in the USA or will not be, if they are travelling abroad and will not be subject to USPA rules

Great. So why are you busting your balls, over how many posts, trying to brow-beat everyone into thinking as you do? Just post the differences and be done with it for Pete's sake.

Different strokes for different folks.

Maybe we'll ALL get lucky and you'll get tired and stop your ranting.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Great. So why are you busting your balls, over how many posts, trying to brow-beat everyone into thinking as you do? Just post the differences and be done with it for Pete's sake.

Different strokes for different folks.

Given the chance I would have, instead some continue to insist that what I advocate is wrong. It is then up to me, not anybody else, to decide whether or not to respond to that.

If upu wish for me to stop responding, then quit giving me something to respond to.

LOL

Swings both ways pal.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I'm sure you're right about who you ask, but at least with the current crop of pros I've met, that's not the case. Not saying it's right or wrong, just making an observation.

I also completely respect self-evaluation and "cleaning" up flying skills. I hope I will always strive to do the same.
Life expands or contracts in proportion to one's courage. ~Anais Nin

I'm sure you're right about who you ask, but at least with the current crop of pros I've met, that's not the case. Not saying it's right or wrong, just making an observation.

I also completely respect self-evaluation and "cleaning" up flying skills. I hope I will always strive to do the same.

Unfortunately, self-evaluation is rarely objective. I can think I did a great job on a jump, but going over video with a competent instructor will point out what and where I did wrong.
That's why competent coaching is vital.

Many here have posted video of a jump saying something to the effect of "Look How Good I Did" only to have all the errors pointed out (and there are often some very serious errors that the jumper hadn't realized he had done even though he had reviewed the footage).

And if you click on the "In reply to" button on the warning post, you will see what the warning is for.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Bill,

Why are you warning Rhys? Did we miss something?

I was thinking the same. I cannot speak out about or mention the moderation or I will be banned...

oops I just mentioned it?
[:/]

:D
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Again, you talk shit.

He was talking about the difference between our countries and I was explaing the resoning that he was likey unaware of, it is called discussion.

No he wasn't the post was addressed to
Throttlebender http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4023477#4023477 who also jumps at the same dz as Phree, in the United States of America in the state of Ohio, but you seemed to miss that because in such a hurry to jump Phree's shit http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4023710#4023710 and discount his personal experience's and your to busy carrying on your agenda of cramming your point of view up everyone ass.

And FYI, Mr. Throttlebender then went on to reply back to Phree: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4023999#4023999

You are more focused on not being wrong than you are on seeking the balance.

Your the ONLY ONE who has been trying to tell not only me but anyone else from OUR country that our rules are wrong and to strict. Our rules are a minimum standard and are to lax if anything.

but there are plenty that have openly opposed the rules in my country, and deemed them unsafe.

and

I just accept that there are different rules in different places, no place will ever be perfect, and we must accept and acknowledge that the rules in each place must be respected.

That is right, they are unsafe rules for use in this country! And anytime in the last year or so someone from this country (or other country with like minded rules) has asked about "way wait till 200" you chime in and run your mouth all about how great you are and how much better your rules are..... It don't matter over here and we don't care if you don't like USPA rules! No respect for you because you show none for others, repeatedly.

At some stage it will become clear to you that your efforts are in vien as I do not circumb to peer pressure. I prefer to discuss the point and come to an agreement using honesty.

Yea right, it's very clear to many people in these forums your only interested in a continual drum beating of your personal view point about how much better the NZ rules are VS the USPA and like minded countries. You talk a lot of shit about respect and all that yet you can't seem to respect any other point of view then your own, such as jumping all over Phree's shit http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4023710#4023710 for a post that had NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU OR YOUR NZ RULES then you want to hide behind this kind of bullshit!:

He was talking about the difference between our countries and I was explaing the resoning that he was likey unaware of, it is called discussion.

The more you rant the more you sound like a loud mouth skygod prick and if this is the type of personality being produced in the diploma programs in your country, I would never hire anyone from there if they are anything like you come off as!

And you wonder why your banned from posting this bullshit in the photo video forum, maybe you should get a clue. Your little snipe at "another war" you edited out is why you got a warning, nice game playing and song and dance though....
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

rhys,don't worry about these guys. the rest of the world know exactly what u are saying

I'm hearing you Des.

Some just don't get it, can't say I didn't try...

No he wasn't the post was addressed to
Throttlebender http://www.dropzone.com/...post=4023477#4023477 who also jumps at the same dz as Phree, in the United States of America in the state of Ohio, but you seemed to miss that because in such a hurry to jump Phree's shit http://www.dropzone.com/...post=4023710#4023710 and discount his personal experience's and your to busy carrying on your agenda of cramming your point of view up everyone ass.

And FYI, Mr. Throttlebender then went on to reply back to Phree: http://www.dropzone.com/...post=4023999#4023999 .......

Blah blah blah blah, you sur do have your titties in a tangle don't you.

Get over yourself.

Bill,

Why are you warning Rhys? Did we miss something?

I was thinking the same. I cannot speak out about or mention the moderation or I will be banned...

oops I just mentioned it?
[:/]

you're still posting; cannot have been that bad.. :D

oh yea, and the rest of the world DOES understand you. i was gonna say something about.. but that may get me banned so, i better leave it at that! :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

We're living in a time where it is completely feasible to obtain an A license in one week and make 20 jumps in one weekend. Unfortunately, jump numbers are more a reflection of income and packing ability. WAIT DON'T JUMP DOWN MY THROAT YET. Please read my comment if you want to respond.

If I am correct, the idea behind jump number requirements is that, after every skydive, the skydiver becomes increasingly experienced and capable. It is everyone’s hope that skydivers (new and old) are intrinsically motivated to become better skydivers. In fact, I would personally argue that this hope that skydivers are intrinsically motivated to become better skydivers is the foundation for jump number requirements (which I will come back to shortly). Again, in my humble opinion, I would say that the first 200 skydives of anyone’s career are extremely important. In the first 200 skydives you are trying to make good habits, develop a reputation for being safe, and build relationships with other skydivers around you (on top of constantly trying to be better).

Here is what I think the problem with putting heavy emphasis on minimum jump number requirements is:

By making this number (200 jumps) a goal, you are downplaying the importance of instruction, safety, currency, edification, and self-improvement. All too often I have seen/heard the jump numbers become the focus instead of the jumps themselves. 475 hop n’ pops does not a tandem instructor make. There is potential to make these first 200 (which I view as some of the most important) sloppy, unsafe rush jobs that are not “fun” or “training” jumps, but rather necessities in a race to wear a gopro. The intrinsic learning of the skydives can be entirely lost. Since the learning is almost completely lost, this entirely negates the foundation of the jump number requirement. After those 200 jumps, you now have sloppy skydivers who cannot be talked to about their camera since the 200 jump mark was viewed as the do-all end-all.

Now here’s the kicker. I AM IN FAVOR OF MINIMUM JUMP NUMBER REQUIREMENTS. But I think we should treat them for what they are, the minimum. I believe that instructors and experienced jumpers should stress that the idea is not 200 jumps, but rather, 200 jumps and the skills and experience necessary to fly camera/wingsuit/whatever. It is not hard for the average joe to save up enough for 200 jumps if they are truly committed (in the US). I do believe that there are many capable of flying camera well under 200 jumps. With over five hours in the tunnel before my 200 jump I feel I was totally capable, but I just had to bite the bullet and deal. It sucks, I know, but I’m surrounded by reminders (in the form of people) as to why this minimum exists. But getting back to the OP I think everyone has a right to know about international rules and regs, but once again the focus shouldn't be on the jump numbers! it should be on the LEARNING
-Cam