wildWilly

1-800skyride advertising on DZ.com

So I sign on to DZ.com just now and what do I see on the home page? An ad for 1-800skyride.
With all the shit that 1-800 slyride has caused over the last few years why is Dropzone.com advertising for them?
This is not the kind of company that DZ.com should be promoting. Or does it come down to the almighty dollar.
Get rid of the Ad.>:(

Willy
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

It's a google driven ad. I found it by clicking on the left and right arrows at the bottom left corner of the Google Ads frame.

Would that be the same Google that proclaims "don't be evil"

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I see them on here literally every time I log in and browse/post-whore on here.

They're google-driven. However, I would love to see them excluded from the queue. The problem is, Skyride operates under many names and 1800skyride.com is just one of them. You would have to click on pretty much all the suspicious ones to verify if it is a skyride site.

One example is this one that I'm seeing as I type this. Is it Skyride or not?

ETA: It points to the Duanesburg DZ so I guess it's not Skyride. You do have to investigate them all anyway.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They have been on there for a long time. Now that I know that the DZ.com admin and Mods are proactive about stopping that, Maybe we can stop another stream of sLyride's bogus ads.B|
Some of you may know, and most that has a Google Adsense acct should know, you can block entire domains in your acct settings. It offers a filter for that purpose. I am always adding them to my acct.

Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Yeah, Advertising in and to a community that does not welcome ANY of their advertising! If someone buys a GC from one of the ads they found here on DZ.com, then later finds the gift certificate is worthless, that makes the whole skydiving community look like a bunch of scammers, and given all the damage them fuckers have already done to our sport, they need to be kept as far away from sites like DZ.com as possible. Getting them banned from Google would be the ultimate step in cleaning up our sport. For now we just have to keep educating the public as aggressively as possible and to get to the customer before sLyride does.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I wonder if there is an addon for IE or firefox that will block out the stupid google adds. I know there is a blocker that removes Justin Biebers name from any site you visit:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Bieber

Blocker
http://fffff.at/shaved-bieber

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

There probably is. Those ads are a Javascript and these a setting in most computers that turn that off, but the problem is the average surfer has it turned on which brings us back to educating the public about the scam and how to avoid it. Getting sites like DZ.com and others who have the ads on their sites are a good start. If the customer don't see the ad, they can't purchase the tickets, or it at least makes it less likely they will. for anyone is looking for the ads, you may look at your DZ listing and anywhere else on the site you frequent. The Google ads are keyword and content triggered, so if a page like the one I just posted has a listing for something like "Skydive Alabama" or Skydiving in Alabama", their ads are programmed to trigger. They are also geographically targeted, so their domains in the ads will show up in areas that we can't see based on the IP of the surfer, ie; I'm in Nashville, I can't see what someone in California sees. So this is going to take a collective effort on our part to work with the mods to get them the info they need to get these ads removed.
The attachment is what they are having to do to block sLyride from running their ads. They have to add each domain individually as they show up.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

sorry but I am a newbie. What is this dz doing that is so bad and where are they located? I would do a search but i'm not sure what the actual name of the dz is..

They run thousands of websites all over America including Hawaii, Alaska, Peurto Rico, Bahamas and more that claim to offer Skydiving and all kinds of over "High Risk" experiences in places that they do NOT have locations for and they DO NOT tell the customer until long after they have sold them a worthless gift certificate.
Just Google "1 800 Skyride Scam", "ASC Skydiving Scam", "Thrill Planet scam" or even "Skydiving Scam" and see for yourself.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Working on it . . .

Whatever you guys did, it appears to be working. I haven't seen any obvious Skyride google ads on this site.

Thanks! B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Working on it . . .

Whatever you guys did, it appears to be working. I haven't seen any obvious Skyride google ads on this site.

Thanks! B|

We just need to keep a watch on it. Google Adwords has the ability to set the times of the day/week that the ads run. We've all seen them 24/7, but they know we are working on getting them removed, so I'd expect nothing less than for them to pull some of their sneaky shit and slip in new domains. They will only last a short period of time before we figure out which ones are theirs and report them.

Thanks Slotperfect and the DZ.com staff. You're doing a much better job than the USPA is in these situations.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

The ads are still showing.
If I may offer a suggestion; instead of trying to get every URL every time we post one, just set the Adsense acct to "Image Banners Only". I don't recall ever seeing sLyride run image banners, I'd assume because they are more expensive to make and to run on Google. I think they look better than the text ads and they pay better. I've had some that paid over $1 per click but most do around .30 to .50 per click, I've seen the text ads only do .01 to .05 PPC.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org