shmuelrich

Where do we go from here???

I wish. I'm in Israel and we only got 2 DZ's one sucks and the other doesn't suck as bad

Well, one of those are my home dropzone, and ever since my aff course 13 months ago, I've managed to jump a little under 300 jumps. Plenty of people here to jump with. Plenty of RW, or freefly, whatever floats your boat. Friendly atmosphere, safety oriented. So first come and give it a try. Then you can decide to say that the DZ "sucks".

Yea I know, your are right you guys are gr8 down there. Was just a little frustrated that day when I made that post. I saw you today I'm the guy that did the refresher course with you. Didn't get to make a jump today but that's because of gear issues but you guys where gr8 about. So oops on that little comment. But I do hope to get down there a lot more often so I can meet more ppl from there.

you can always practice your tracking on a solo jump.. just make sure you know where you're tracking to... good times! B|

Good point. Although when I finished AFF I hadn't done tracking yet (I took a little extra time to get turns right), so didn't know how to even start with it. We did a little of that on some of my coaching jumps, so now that is another option.

you can always practice your tracking on a solo jump.. just make sure you know where you're tracking to... good times! B|

Good point. Although when I finished AFF I hadn't done tracking yet (I took a little extra time to get turns right), so didn't know how to even start with it. We did a little of that on some of my coaching jumps, so now that is another option.

isnt that part of the AFF-curriculum!? :S
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I found my first few solo jumps very boring.

Really? Damn that sucks.

i find solos boring as well.

Too bad for you guys.
30 out of my 37 were solos and i loved each and every one of them. So many things to try....hand cam for instance :ph34r:

Disclaimer: I do not advise anyone to do it!

Yea tracking is not only fun, but it's a good skill to have... I consider myself lucky that I had to do a bunch of solo jumps after graduating AFF (before getting my A), because I worked on my tracking most of that time.

I conveniently discovered once I got into jumping with other people more, the only skill I really *needed* was the ablity to track away at the end of the skydive...

If you are having to pull in place on a four way because you can't reliably track away from the group that's not so great imo..B|

I found my first few solo jumps very boring.

Really? Damn that sucks.

i find solos boring as well.

That's because you consider freefall to be the be-all and end-all of skydiving. There's certainly nothing wrong with enjoying (and preferring) the freefall disciplines; but at sub-100 jumps (your profile says 78 jumps), there's a hell of a lot of canopy training you could do (a) to make you a safer skydiver, to yourself and others, and (b) to become a skilled enough canopy pilot that you just might be able to start swooping and enjoying it.

There's no such thing as a wasted skydive; just a wasted opportunity.

it seemed the op was talking about just doing solos. for me that would get very boring. i dont mind doing solos, but when you have to do them it gets boring.

even high hops (which i love when the weather is warm) are more fun with other canopies.

i try to do canopy drills on every jump, and i do if i have the altitude to burn. i realize that good canopy piloting is a must for a long skydiving career. i give it the respect and consideration it deserves, and my not being a huge fan of solos (which is freefall) has nothing to do with my mindset regarding canopy piloting/skills.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

I wish. I'm in Israel and we only got 2 DZ's one sucks and the other doesn't suck as bad

Well, one of those are my home dropzone, and ever since my aff course 13 months ago, I've managed to jump a little under 300 jumps. Plenty of people here to jump with. Plenty of RW, or freefly, whatever floats your boat. Friendly atmosphere, safety oriented. So first come and give it a try. Then you can decide to say that the DZ "sucks".

Yea I know, your are right you guys are gr8 down there. Was just a little frustrated that day when I made that post. I saw you today I'm the guy that did the refresher course with you. Didn't get to make a jump today but that's because of gear issues but you guys where gr8 about. So oops on that little comment. But I do hope to get down there a lot more often so I can meet more ppl from there.

Haha, what are the odds? Its all good. Believe me you can start jumping here with people real quick! Always find Ron and she'll hook you up with the right people! :)

Im jsut curious what you base your opinion on about the DZ "sucking?" Seeing how you you average about 3.5 jumps a year, have you really given it a chance?

Well, one DZ pretty only cares about tandems. Ask any skydiver in Israel that's a know fact. VERY NOT skydiver friendly. However the second one which Highlee was talking about, which unfortunately I only got to jump at once is really a lot better. That first comment I made about that DZ was not at all accurate. The only reason I haven't been able to jump there is cuz they don't have gear rentals as available as the other DZ. which is a very funny thing.
But just because unfortunately life always seems to get in the way of my skydiving activity that doesn't mean I don't have capability of judging a good DZ from a bad one. From the little experience I have from my 51 jumps I've jumped in 2 DZ in Israel 2 in Arizona my home DZ while I live in Phoenix was in Eloy. I've also jumped in New York and Alaska and have visited DZ in Ohio, Connecticut and Massachusetts. On top of that I've spoke over the phone to other DZ all over the U.S and the world and I've never got such a bad vib from a DZ like the first DZ in Israel i spoke about. Except the rigger over there gr8 guy very professional and always wanting to help me. So that is how I base my opinion.