Pwnz0r

Where is this?

Hey all,
this is my first time posting to the DZ.com forums, so if I've placed this in the wrong spot, please let me know.

Does anyone happen to know the country/region/DZ where these people are skydiving?

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/dv617064/Digital-Vision

could be wrong but i think ecuador

I don't think so.

It looks like a Norman Kent photo, some similar ones being included in his book "The Book". I'll have a look at it tonight when I get home, but, I think it's Tahiti (or some other Polynesian island). The beach area looks similar from what I recall.
Remster

Looking at the gear and the color coded jumpsuits, here’s my guess. I'm thinking it is a photo from a Guy Manos organized jump done for the Norm Kent movie "From Wings Came Flight". Probably taken over the Florida Keys.

Or I'm completely wrong and have the wrong hemisphere!:ph34r:

I don't think so.

It looks like a Norman Kent photo, some similar ones being included in his book "The Book". I'll have a look at it tonight when I get home, but, I think it's Tahiti (or some other Polynesian island). The beach area looks similar from what I recall.

AH!

I was right... Almost!

It is Norman Kent's, and he does have several pictures of those color coordinated jumps in his book, I just got the locations mixed up. It's over Eleuthera island in the Bahamas.

What my brain probably did is link the fact that it was over a Club Med to French Polynesia.... Oh well!

Edit: it's not from From Wings Came Flights shots... Those were in 87, and these Bahamas jumps were in 91 according to the book.
Remster

1991; It was just a bunch of friends from around the country who got together, paid to fly the otter to Eleuthera and were "entertainment" for Club-Med for a week. Funny thing was we were their only guests. We had the run of the whole facility with free room and board. Had to pay for our drinks but we were so busy jumping these 16 ways nobody was drinking very much. The jumps were stellar!

Rikster Powell and Chris Conkright also took pix and shot video. It was almost the best time I have ever had skydiving. The list of participants was a bit of a "who's who" of national and world competitors but they let me come along anyway.

jon

true. From Wings Came Flight and the Dream Team stuff was all Vector. Vector II's if I'm not mistaken.

True for many of the jumps. There were not enough Vectors or matching jumpsuits for for some of the larger jumps, however. Seems like there were somewhere in the vicinity of 25-30 rigs. There were more matching jumpsuits IIRC but on the larger dives, at Quincy in particular, some wore their own jumpsuit or rig...and I wore my own Talon on several of the larger dives. In fact I'm looking at a Norm Kent photo on my basement wall, 32-way open diamond done at the end of the Quincy camp, organized by Tony D; Guy let us use the rigs and jumpsuits but there were not enough to go around...and there are 6 non-matching rigs and 8 non-matching jumpsuits in that photo, including my Talon...

With that said, the photo referenced in this thread does not look like one taken during filming of "From Wings Came Flight"...

I don't think so.

AH!

I was right... Almost!

It is Norman Kent's, and he does have several pictures of those color coordinated jumps in his book, I just got the locations mixed up. It's over Eleuthera island in the Bahamas.

Yep, you were right. Tahiti and the Bahamas are pretty much the same except they are in different oceans and many thousands of miles apart. You were right.......almost. :D

I don't think so.

AH!

I was right... Almost!

Yep, you were right. Tahiti and the Bahamas are pretty much the same except they are in different oceans and many thousands of miles apart. You were right.......almost. :D

What's an ocean or 2 between friends? ;)
Remster

I don't think so.

AH!

I was right... Almost!

What's an ocean or 2 between friends? ;)

That's right. After all, it was the same sky!:P

Dang man, nice work :)

I don't have Kent's book, but I looked up Eluthera Island on GoogleMaps and all the island formations and such match up with the picture, so it's 100% legit.

Time to book a trip to the Bahamas! WOO!

Thanks a ton, everyone! :)