jf951

jumpsuits jumpsuits jumpsuits!

ok so im in the market for a new jump suit and im looking for some advice on the fit

the options from kurupree are:
"Tight
Our tight fit comes with lycra inserts in the back and crotch. Gives you a cleaner cut with less fabric than our regular medium cut. Can be combined with a heavier fabric for extra drag.

Medium
Our regular medium cut. Gives you a nice body cut while still providing with enough fabric in arms and legs. This is the best all around choice.

Baggy
Our Baggy fit is a classic which a lot of heavier flyers prefer. It is also perfect for filming tandems and any situation where lot of drag is needed. It is quite baggy indeed and has a lot of fabric in arms and legs providing extra drag."

im about 6' and 170

ive kinda rulled out getting a baggy one, no reason, just cause.

so what would the difference be for flying a tight and a medium, how would more or less drag on the arms affect flying aside from speed?

does anyone have any pictures of about how either one of those two fits would look?

just some general feed back would be nice

thanks

joey
Jump more, Bitch less.

I don't know Kurupee but I remembered hearing the name and I was curious so I went and read the reviews in the gear section. Check them out. Not many good reviews in there, but then the most recent one I saw was 2009.

You might want to think about who you get your suit from. At least talk to some recent buyers of Kurupee suits.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Talk to someone who knows you - preferably someone who has jumped with you - before you make a decision. Based on your height and weight, the people you jump with will probably be happiest with you in a tighter suit, but you could be one of those who can fall like a bowling ball even though you aren't built like one.

Remember, jumpsuits aren't just to make you look good or to keep your clothes clean when you fall down. They are tools that you can use to improve your flying. The right suit makes learning new skills easier; the wrong one makes it frustrating.

Talk to someone who knows you - preferably someone who has jumped with you - before you make a decision.

That's why Valinda only builds suits for people that can come by her shop. She talks to them, sees how they're built, finds out what they have problems with and what they want the suit to do for them. Plus, by measuring them herself, she knows the measurements are right. Then they come over the second time for the final fitting and minor alterations before they pick it up.

Talk to someone who knows you - preferably someone who has jumped with you - before you make a decision. Based on your height and weight, the people you jump with will probably be happiest with you in a tighter suit, but you could be one of those who can fall like a bowling ball even though you aren't built like one.

Remember, jumpsuits aren't just to make you look good or to keep your clothes clean when you fall down. They are tools that you can use to improve your flying. The right suit makes learning new skills easier; the wrong one makes it frustrating.

awesome, thank you! ill do some asking around.
Jump more, Bitch less.

Valinda only builds suits for people that can come by her shop. She talks to them, sees how they're built, finds out what they have problems with and what they want the suit to do for them.

OK, so what if their problem is they can't get a date, and they want a suit that will help them with that?

Valinda only builds suits for people that can come by her shop. She talks to them, sees how they're built, finds out what they have problems with and what they want the suit to do for them.

OK, so what if their problem is they can't get a date, and they want a suit that will help them with that?

You might be SOL. I don't make miracles. Only suits.:D

That's why Valinda only builds suits for people that can come by her shop. She talks to them, sees how they're built, finds out what they have problems with and what they want the suit to do for them. Plus, by measuring them herself, she knows the measurements are right.

I don't actually need a new suit. But would it be ok to stop by and have Valinda measure me anyway? :$

back to my last question tho,
does anyone have any pictures of how what they would describe as a tight fitting suit or a medium fitting suit would look?

Tight and big, in that order. Big suits fly like crap, but if you need one, you need one. Sorry, I can't find a medium pic for you.

That's why Valinda only builds suits for people that can come by her shop. She talks to them, sees how they're built, finds out what they have problems with and what they want the suit to do for them. Plus, by measuring them herself, she knows the measurements are right.

I don't actually need a new suit. But would it be ok to stop by and have Valinda measure me anyway? :$

Stop by! I'll not only measure you, but make you dinner too. B|;)