virgin-burner

is a 119er safire2..

Actually the guy was at 2.2 at the time. Now 2.5 jumping 84
Russian roullete has nothing to do with skill but just luck.
Friend of mine just got ready to jump something at 2.0 wl and this guy has less than 250 jumps.
Jump number doesn't mean shit.
It is all based on piloting skill.
Average jumper will need somewhere around 1000 jumps to feel comfy under 2.1. Wingload.
Some may take less, some will never get there.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

at a [email protected] (almost) a suitable canopy for someone with less than 300 jumps!?

Shit on a stick, VB... It is FEWER than 300 jumps, not LESS THAN 300 jumps.

If you are talking about something that you can count, USE FEWER.

If you're talking about a relative quantity, USE LESS THAN (or MORE THAN)

Here's an example:

A glass can be less than full, but not fewer than full.

A glass can have fewer than 12 ounces of beer in it, but not less than 12 ounces.

You can't have less than 12 items at the express lane at the grocery store... but you can have fewer than 12 items.
Owned by Remi #?

believe it or not, my friend is now considering 270's.. :S

actually he managed to survive the whole season with his tiny new wing n'stuff. guess i just like to rip on his mind and see what you guys are up to!?

so, die or try!?

Small canopy, high wingload, not much jumps, doing 270's and a very short recovery arc for the Safire2.

The perfect combination to hit the ground very hard. Hope he survives. I'll read all about it in the incident forum.
Blue skies!

>what IS the worst that could happen?

Well, let's see:

Koji - paralysis
Molly - coma for 2 weeks; a year of surgeries
Ray - six months of surgeries. On the plus side he got a cool walker free of charge, and someone got a tiny Stiletto for really cheap.

Not counting all the deaths, of course, but they always happen to someone else, and you never see them complaining here - so they're easy to disregard.

Shit on a stick, VB... It is FEWER than 300 jumps, not LESS THAN 300 jumps.

If you are talking about something that you can count, USE FEWER.

If you're talking about a relative quantity, USE LESS THAN (or MORE THAN)

Here's an example:

A glass can be less than full, but not fewer than full.

A glass can have fewer than 12 ounces of beer in it, but not less than 12 ounces.

You can't have less than 12 items at the express lane at the grocery store... but you can have fewer than 12 items.

Disagree with the exception of "fewer than full" the rest sound OK/acceptable to me. A glass can definitely have less than 100 ml of beer in it.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

believe it or not, my friend is now considering 270's.. :S

actually he managed to survive the whole season with his tiny new wing n'stuff. guess i just like to rip on his mind and see what you guys are up to!?

so, die or try!?

Small canopy, high wingload, not much jumps, doing 270's and a very short recovery arc for the Safire2.

The perfect combination to hit the ground very hard. Hope he survives. I'll read all about it in the incident forum.

i always told my friend to get a smaller XF, fucker never listened! :S
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

>what IS the worst that could happen?

Well, let's see:

Koji - paralysis
Molly - coma for 2 weeks; a year of surgeries
Ray - six months of surgeries. On the plus side he got a cool walker free of charge, and someone got a tiny Stiletto for really cheap.

Not counting all the deaths, of course, but they always happen to someone else, and you never see them complaining here - so they're easy to disregard.

ok, i always thought it was like - uhm - really bad, you know!?
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

very short recovery arc for the Safire2.

I hear this very often.

Can you please elaborate how short the recovery arc? Maybe some example, comparison (like to that of a sabre2).

I'm really interested.
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

only n00bs would say that my friend says; he keeps diving and diving with body-input only, after the initial turn.. that is if he's too high, which he is mostly.. body-input is your FRIEND.. my buddy seems to be an old-school swooper tough, from what i have read on germains "the canopy and it's pilot". but in this case, old-school actually means "safe school". if you dont use the "swing" of a braked approach, you may never "swing low - sweet chariot", hence, too low to fuck yourself completely up.. or so my buddy says.
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

very short recovery arc for the Safire2.

I hear this very often.

Can you please elaborate how short the recovery arc? Maybe some example, comparison (like to that of a sabre2).

I'm really interested.

I had a Sabre2 170 @ 1.5 and a Safire2 139 @ 1.8 and had to turn lower with the Safire2 then with the Sabre2.

The Safire2 is a good canopy but imo not so good for safe swooping. It will go the distance but you got to have the balls to hang on to the front-risers till you're very low.

I now own a XF2 139 and it's better for swooping but not for inexperienced canopy pilots. IMO the Sabre2 is the perfect canopy to start swooping.
Blue skies!