Celtics85

Own Pack Job

I didn't jump my own pack job until I had to for the A license ... Very nervous at the time, but now I do a 6 minute trash pack that results in the same openings that used to take me 20 minutes.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

My A license check jump.

Yeah. Pretty nervous...it was one ugly rushed pack job. But it did teach me that they open...you can pack a big ball and it more than likely will open.

When I realized that little piece on info, I had a much easier time packing my canopy.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

#20. T-10. Also my first 20-second delay & first head-first "bombout" exit, First load of the day, I was the only student. Windy, long-spot. Spent almost the entire ride going backward, crabbing a bit to get on the wind line. Pretty much nailed the target field, landing a few hundred feet from the "X." They put a hold on students for the rest of the day. B|

Cheers,
Jon S

Jump #6, which was my first freefall on S/L progression. The deal was: the DZ packs your S/L jumps; and while you're on S/L, you learn how to pack. Then you pack the rig you're jumping on your first freefall.

I think students should learn how to pack and jump their own pack jobs ASAP.

Jump #7, I started really learning to pack after jump 3 or 4. Jump 7 was my first hop and pop, first time spotting with out any help, and first time jumping my own pack job.

I remember a prayer going through my head as I reached back and grabbed my handle.

I jumped my 1st packjob at my 8th jump, before that I had 5 jumps in the US (tandem progression), 6th jump (1st in Switz) the rig was already packed, 7th my instructor packed it for me as a demonstration.
I actually didn't think about it too much, the instructor said he'd jump it....
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Kind of a funny related story from a few years ago...

The DZO at a dropzone I was jumping at had a new whuffo girlfriend and I guess he wanted her to pack for him. She had one of his rigs on the floor and was packing it, pulling it out and repacking it over and over. I was just gearing up for an AFF jump, and I noticed her stuffing the pilot chute in the pouch, so I walked over, picked up the rig and said, 'let's see if you've got this down yet'. She about panicked and tried desperately to stop me, but I just laughed at her and walked off with it. Opened fine. When I got down, she was in the landing area shaking and white as a sheet.

How many jumps was it before any of you jumped with your own pack job, and were you nervous?

3rd, and yes I was nervous but more because it was my 3rd jump.

I learned to pack before my first jump but after my first jump I had so much adrenaline going I was shaking a bit :D so I paid for the packjob. Packed my canopy after my 2nd jump and went up again. :)

ciel bleu,
Saskia