TikiMan

"Rum Bum Boogie" 1st skydivers in the Bahamas since 1998!

After speaking with many experienced boogie organizers (Thanks Grimmie) and jumping through a few hoops with the Bahamas Gov't we finally made it happen! Dec 8th - 13th Myself, 14 friends and 6 other jumpers were approved to have a small boogie on an island aptly named "Rum Cay"

Not only was there skydiving but fishing, diving, kitesurfing, shark feeding and surfing...Fun Trip all around

We will now be offering skydiving trips to the island. This will not be a full time DZ but can accomodate up to 20ppl at a time and only needs a min of 6 to make a trip happen. We have a 206 we leased from Mike Carpenter of Skydive New England and will have it through April. So if any Jumpers want to beat the cold and head south pm me and I can get you more info. All inclusive 5 day trips start at $1600 includes 3 jumps per day and all food and transportation. I will post some pics and vids from the last trip. I attached a pic of the 3-way over the island. Find more pics and vid of the trip on facebook look up Sumner Point Marina or me Jesse Cors

Here is Lyle, Uwe, and Craig from Skydive Sebastian swooping over a few of the locals...Sharks!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOckexL56H4

Thanks to all that helped make this happen and I hope we can keep it rolling...As I said before If you round up 6 ppl that want to come down we can accomodate a trip around what you like...Forgot to mention the best part...you only have to get to Nassau! we pay for your roundtrip flight to Rum Cay!

Warm Winds, Blue Skies.

Jesse

So how did you get the gov to cooperate ? bad economey and they want all the tourist dollars they can get their hands on ?

We already run an extreme sports resort on Rum Cay and work with the Bahamian Gov't often. Good relationships and knowing the right people.

Look awesome!!!

What activities are included in the all inclusive?

Scuba? :)

Would this be another all inclusive event? Honestly I think the event would be better off as a regular event instead of all inclusive. If you're going to have the otter (the only aircraft there) then limit the number of spots available for the boogie, set a price for jump tickets, and let people make their own way and plan their own excursions otherwise. I'm looking to incorporate a little island fun jumping with finally getting hitched with the better half B|, so we'd prefer a little bit of freedom to plan what we'd like to do.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

All inclusive really applies towards room, non-alcohol beveregaes and food. Sucba is extra...but paddleboarding, snorkeling, fishing, transportation, and boat excursions are all included. You can participate in as much or as little as you want. You can simply jump all day or experience a little more.

What I liked best was all of the non-skydivers would take the boat to one of the beaches on the island and all of the skydivers would land there in boardshorts and flops, drop their rigs and hop straight into the water surf and dive then do it all over again.