jraylitt

Trips to oahu from maui?? group rate?

When, and at which DZ?
Pacific has different rules than Skydive Hawaii. Just because the rules are more lax at one doesn't mean there isn't a reason for the other.

A "b" license is required, and unless you did your AFF there, a "B" license barely covers it. I've seen a lot of very experienced skydivers f'k there.

That said, why on earth even consider a charter? Hawaiian Air is only 200.00 from LAX. You're not going to beat that on a charter.

There are several jumpers living on Maui that fly themselves over for a day of jumping on the North Shore. Most have their own plane or helicopter or access to one. However, we are now in the “winter weather pattern” which means lots of south and southwest winds… not optimal jumping conditions for visiting jumpers.
Don't be sexist… Broads hate that.

DSE, it is not so much that Pacific Skydiving is lax; it is really an economic issue. Because both DZs are TM driven when an instructor has to work with or teach a student they are often taken out of the TM rotation, which causes them to lose income. This is based on my 12 years of experience jumping in Hawaii and working at both DZs.

Because Pacific Skydiving does not have the daily number of TM customers as SDH, we are better able to attend to our students and visiting jumpers. Everyone seems to forget just how long there has been skydiving in Hawaii and that we have grown students from the days of rounds to the present.

Arvel

My point was, if you're a visiting skydiver...you will want to have experience. If you learned to skydive in Hawaii, you can skydive just about anywhere. People that come from DZs with lots of outs, low winds, no powerlines, and low experience are likely to have some troubles.
It has nothing to do with Pacific vs SDH. I'm pretty partial to SDH, always will be after an experience at PS. However...my opinion is that visiting skydivers need to have their heads on right. Just because SDH has a rule that Pacific hasn't got doesn't mean the rule is without merit.