SkydiveJack

Formation Balloon Jumps

Back in 1990 I was over in Hungary and we were going to take two hot air balloons up for some jumps. The pilots connected the two balloons with a 200 meter rope and took off together. It got a little scary a few times when one balloon climbed faster than the other but it worked out fine.

We went up to 9000 ft. and both balloons leveled out. Then they disconnected the rope. I jumped from one balloon and two people jumped from the other. We flew together and made a three way. I was wondering if anyone else had done this.

The three photos were taken from the balloon with two jumpers. In the second and third shots you can see one of them in the bottom right of the photo as I exit the other balloon.

saw the thread title and said, 'hey, that would be great idea'. but you already did it..lol

still cool.. thats pretty high compared to the ballon jumps i've seen.. would help pull off a few points that way.
DS#727, DB Cooper #41, POPS #11065, SCR #13183, FA #2125, SCS #8306, HALO #309 SRA #5930

saw the thread title and said, 'hey, that would be great idea'. but you already did it..lol

still cool.. thats pretty high compared to the ballon jumps i've seen.. would help pull off a few points that way.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this or heard of it being done.