JerseyShawn

Did my first solo yesterday.

So on my first solo after AFF I was really excited to jump on my own for the first time! How great it was going to be, I thought on the way up to altitude. I got to spot (with assistance) being the first one out. I jumped! In all seriousness, I was kind of disappointed. It wasn't as fun as I thought it should be. I dont want to use the word boring but it was. I don't see why you all like jumping so much. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Other than that, it was awesome! I love it! I turned when I felt like it, did a back and front flip. The freedom of not having someone tell you what to do is, there's no words to describe it. Pure relaxation!

Graduated my AFF one class early yesterday, traded the last paid class for some jump tickets. Smartest trade I've made lately.

Got all my landings within 40 feet of the landing target during AFF. On my solo I landed on the target! Maybe accuracy type stuff will be for me.

Congratulations!

I remember fondly that I didn't understand how to relax in freefall until my first solo... no "dive flow".

The first phase of your license quest is done. Now you enter the second phase. There is so much more to learn!
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

I remember fondly that I didn't understand how to relax in freefall until my first solo... no "dive flow".

+1

Congrats man!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

you sound like a Sky God already! Nice! Throw on a wingsuit tomorrow and call it a day!

Wingsuit sounds good. 2.1:1 wingload it. Head down formation. CReW pyramid on the way down and swoop the swoopers, show them a thing or two.

Until then, ill assume the roll of a Skypeasant.

you sound like a Sky God already! Nice! Throw on a wingsuit tomorrow and call it a day!

Wingsuit sounds good. 2.1:1 wingload it. Head down formation. CReW pyramid on the way down and swoop the swoopers, show them a thing or two.

Until then, ill assume the roll of a Skypeasant.

i think he was being ironic a bit; tough, if he wasnt, maybe he's right!? :P

wingsuits is nothing if you dont jump them with a VERY small, x-braced canopy and some seriously professional DSLR- and video-equipment on your head; and a belly-mount; and a foot-mount, better yet, two foot-mounts. maybe a handycam, too? :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda