KevinP

Jump totals for log book

I am pretty confident that you will find tandems counted as part of jump count totals in all US instructional programs.

While tandems will likely count toward totals, your progression through an instructional program is driven by meeting objectives, not jump count.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

I am pretty confident that you will find tandems counted as part of jump count totals in all US instructional programs.

As it should be. Even aircraft flight training is logged by both the student and instructor.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

Thanks for the input. I guess I already have an entry for the logbook. I did a tandem March of last year. :) That's 1!! :)

While tandems will likely count toward totals, your progression through an instructional program is driven by meeting objectives, not jump count.

And I totally understand that. Heck, I wouldn't want to progress based on numbers alone. This is dangerous business and I don't take it lightly. Yes, I may be a little frustrated if I get hung up on a level, but better that than burn in at 50mph under a flailing canopy I wasn't ready to correct because I had "enough jumps" to advance. Thanks!!
Sincerely,
Kevin

Thanks for the input. I guess I already have an entry for the logbook. I did a tandem March of last year. :) That's 1!! :)

Here is your challenge with that.... Who will sign your logbook for that jump last March?
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Here is your challenge with that.... Who will sign your logbook for that jump last March?

Hmm. Good point. All I got for it was a certificate. But anyone could produce one of those. Not a big deal. It's only one.
Sincerely,
Kevin

Yes they count toward your 25 A license minimum. And when you are licensed, if you ride front for a TI candidate, that counts double as it will scare the hell out of you.;)

It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Years ago they were not supposed to count. Back then the "A" license was 20 jumps.

With tandem growing in popularity, the rules were changed and tandems now counted. The "A" license went to 25 jumps.

As for who would sign your logbook for that jump..... I would. If you have a certificate, you have just as much info as a logbook entry.

But anyone could produce one of those.

Anyone could forge a logbook entry.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Yes they count toward your 25 A license minimum. And when you are licensed, if you ride front for a TI candidate, that counts double as it will scare the hell out of you.;)

Well . . . I think you need 100 jumps total, too, before you get to do that. :)
And yes, it does scare the hell out of you.:D

Anyone could forge a logbook entry.

:o:o NO WAY!:D:D

I was surprised at Perris a few years ago when filling out the waivers that they wanted to see my log book, which I leave at home. I thought my USPA card with 3000+ jumps would be sufficient. They said they wanted to make sure I was current. Somehow a few anonymous ink scratches on a piece of paper don't really prove much to me. I'm sure more than one jumper has logged a recurrency jump or two sitting in their car in the parking lot.:D

They called my home DZ and the DZO vouched I was current.:)

Somehow a few anonymous ink scratches on a piece of paper don't really prove much to me. I'm sure more than one jumper has logged a recurrency jump or two sitting in their car in the parking lot.Laugh

They called my home DZ and the DZO vouched I was current.

My favorite "logbook" story involved me being at a DZ near a military post that I was at for a school. Anyway, I didn't bring anything since I didn't think I would have much free time. To my surprise I had weekends off. So I borrowed stuff from a buddy and headed out to a local DZ.

I showed up with a US team rig, jumpsuit, goggles, alti, and a USPA card showing gold wings and several Instructor ratings..... But without a logbook they were not going to let me jump.

I offered to unpack and repack the main, answer any questions, offer to let them call my home DZ... Nothing was going to work. They said no.

Right then I look at the counter and they had a Parachutist (see attached). I say, that's me on the right side. If you look inside you will see it lists me by name as one of the jumpers.

The counter person looks at the photo, looks at me, looks at the photo, looks inside, looks at me, looks at the photo, looks back at me and says, "can you make load 2?" ;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Yes they count toward your 25 A license minimum. And when you are licensed, if you ride front for a TI candidate, that counts double as it will scare the hell out of you.

You nailed that.. I'd suggest triple though.
Owned by Remi #?

If you have a certificate, you have just as much info as a logbook entry.

As it pertains to tandem jumps, here's a major pet peeve of mine:

Actual training jumps through the Tandem Progression method regardless of what acronym you use to describe it...

TI's who don't do logbooks or only put "Good Job!" in it. Nothing useful to neither the jumper NOR the next instructor.

You TIs doing training jumps..PUT SOME USEFUL SHIT IN THE THEIR LOGBOOK!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Yes they count toward your 25 A license minimum. And when you are licensed, if you ride front for a TI candidate, that counts double as it will scare the hell out of you.

You nailed that.. I'd suggest triple though.

You get 3 points for doing it.
You get -50 points for even thinking about it in the first place.
:D:D;)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Oh, I agree with you. However, when someone is a good jumper and has thousands of jumps, currency is not as much of a problem as for someone with single or double digit # of jumps. At some point, they should take my word for it that I'm good to go.:P

What I really hate is people who claim a lot more jumps than they really have, for what ever reason. I made and logged mine the hard way. They should too. :P

I see. And I totally agree. When I read what you wrote, I envisioned someone who really should get a refresher fluffing their logbook to save whatever trouble and money it would take. But when you put it in the terms of 1000+, that kinda makes it different. Haha
Sincerely,
Kevin