sundevil777

Why do skydivers put gear on benches

When the available bench space (benches to sit on) is not so plentiful, people will still use the benches as if they are tables. Unfortunately there aren't tables at my DZ, but that does not mean that benches should serve that purpose. There is plenty of space on the ground to put their stuff, but no, they use the benches.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I have never had any problems with removing the gear that people put on chairs or benches so I can sit down.

I would really like to do that, but don't want to start trouble, at least not in that way.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

less chance of a dog peeing on it.

I could understand that, if there were any dogs at all at my DZ, not at all allowed.

Or the dumb asses that leave their packed rig in the middle of the packing mat. OK, in case they didn't understand, it is a packing mat, not a rig storing mat. Move your shit to the edge so their is room to pack. And don't leave your canopy unpacked, spread out while you take a break. Get your shit off the mat.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

As long as we're venting.....

Sit your ass up in the airplane, stop taking up the room of two people, resting on the jumper or student next to/behind you, and keep your hands off my gear.

Stop bringing your kids to the DZ, and leaving them unattended while your ass goes off and makes jumps. We're not your daycare service.

Quit kiting your canopy in the landing area. You're gonna kill someone.

Put your empty beer bottles in the trash can. We're tired of "policing the hanger" every morning so the tandem students don't think we're drunks.

Quit smoking in the loading area.....

flame on....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

When the available bench space (benches to sit on) is not so plentiful, people will still use the benches as if they are tables. Unfortunately there aren't tables at my DZ, but that does not mean that benches should serve that purpose. There is plenty of space on the ground to put their stuff, but no, they use the benches.

Yep, I see that one a lot too. Plenty of bench space for sitting, but all taken up with skydiving gear, while people stand around with no place to sit.

Benches are for butts!

I know at least one reason people put gear on the benches. They do it to try to get it off the floor so the whuffos can't walk on it! I've seen someone start to sit on a tandem rig that was on a bench. I had to say something and stop that one.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Yep, I see that one a lot too. Plenty of bench space for sitting, but all taken up with skydiving gear, while people stand around with no place to sit.

Benches are for butts!

and skydiving-gear is for assholes!

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

As long as we're venting.....

Put your empty beer bottles in the trash can. We're tired of "policing the hanger" every morning so the tandem students don't think we're drunks.

flame on....

Most hangers are dead when you police them up, not dead drunk, but until now I haven't heard about that being a problem except at the Suicide University DZ outside Hell, Michigan.

Besides that, if "policing the hangar" means putting beer bottles in the trash cans in the building where they park the airplanes, well, it seems to me that the tandem students can probably count bottles in the trash just as easily as they count them on the floor, but at least they'll think that y'all are NEAT drunks.

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

it seems to me that the tandem students can probably count bottles in the trash just as easily as they count them on the floor, but at least they'll think that y'all are NEAT drunks

You have Tandems students that go through the trash? That is really weird.:P

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

it seems to me that the tandem students can probably count bottles in the trash just as easily as they count them on the floor, but at least they'll think that y'all are NEAT drunks

You have Tandems students that go through the trash? That is really weird.:P

j

Well, what happens is that they sees da hanger before s/he is policed up so they woofs their cookies into the hangar trash can, so of course they kin sees da bottles -- and countings dem gives them something to do while they be waiting for the next retch, y'know likes countin' sheepses to sleep except completely different, you know, like the difference between a hanger and hangar, sumthin' most peeps with a few thousand jumps can discern.

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

Gear in your way on a bench, packing floor or a rig holder?
Move it.

Someone taking up two spots on the airplane?
Tell them to sit up some more.

See someone leaving their bottles all over the place or throwing cigarette buts on the ground?
Tell them they dropped something, and point it out.

Someone playing music that you don't like in the hangar?
Unwad your panties and ignore it.

Bottom line? Man up.

As long as we're venting, how about people who, even after hundreds or thousands of jumps, get up into the plane and all of a sudden are memorized and unable to complete the simple task of sitting the fuck down and putting a seatbelt on so we can go skydiving!

'Why don't I just stand here with a dumb look on my face while I decide if I wanna sit on the left side or the right side...This is hard with all those people screaming behind me.'>:(

I got nuthin

Agree with everything but the music - it's about not being able to hear the call.
I could care less what you listen to, but I'd prefer to not miss a load because your radio is louder than manifest.

shut on your hearing aid, old man! that is if you havent forgotten it in the morning because of alzheimer's.. :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda