AustinPerkins

what did you sell to skydive ?

Was that an H2? My dad had one and told me stories.... No joke jumping is safer....

It was fun...a REALLY fast bike with bad brakes, poor shocks and a rubber frame.

There was a REASON they called the 750 H2 MkIV the 'Widowmaker' :S:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I did sell my 30-06, but how I really paid for it was getting a second job working as a TA at night. during the winter I would work one or two nights a week for 3 ten week classes. All the money I got from that last winter paid for getting licensed last summer, and this winter's work got me a decent rig, an hour of tunnel time, and plenty of cash socked away for a summer of jumping.

it makes for long days (13+ hours when you count commuting to the day job, commuting to the night job, then getting home after) but really, what are you going to do on a tuesday night in january anyway but fart around at home?

I've also been looking at everything I do in terms of jumps. Getting rid of cable tv would get me maybe six jumps a month. I've got a 5.56 that could get me maybe 25-30 jumps. Pretty much every possession could be turned into jumps when you start thinking about it!

I sold almost 2-grand worth of drums and cymbals for about $300.00. I was worth a good weekend of jumps...

Besides, people who live in apartments hate drummers...so everyone where I lived was better off...I miss them now :(

same here (mine wasnt worth 2000 bucks tho but stil sold it at a ridiculously reduced price :(
Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

I offered a lot of sexual favors in exchange for a parachute. Not a chick so no takers (at least who had a canopy in my size), ended up paying money, which I obtained also through selling my soul.
"Do you really want to take advice from the guy we call Tarmac?"