AustinPerkins

what did you sell to skydive ?

I packed a lot of parachutes to pay for all the coach jumps, then i sold my motorcycle to pay for my first rig

I miss my bike, but i love my rig even more hahaB|

The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

A fully restored 'resto-mod' 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback.
289 bored/stroked to a 248, fully balanced, full roller motor.
High performance transmission and full race suspension.
I really enjoyed building that hot rod.
I miss that toy sometimes...but not much. Toys are easily replaced.

Absolutely nothing. That's probably partly why I'm still jumping after nearly 36 years. I jumped and bought at a rate I could afford.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

In college, I sold back some school books to keep jumping. But those classes were pretty easy anyway.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

i sold my motorcycle to pay for my first rig

-----------------------------------------------------------
+1 sold my last motorcycle 11 years ago to buy my first rig
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums, I'm 18 years old and a AFF student at triangle skydiving. I gave up a lot to skydive as far as the instruction goes, what all did you guys sell to skydive ? I sold my 3K mountain bike to pay for the A license course. Loving every minute of it !

I used aerospace engineering scholarship money from Lockheed. Then took out student loans to pay for everything else. Spent a lot of money on flying stuff, skydiving was just a drop in the bucket.

-SPACE-

A Bushmaster AR-15, a Colt Commander, a Smith and Wesson model 65 revolver, a Glock 19, and some other guns and lots of ammo. Jumping is lots more fun than shooting.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Started jumping as a sophomore in college...

Sold my laptop, iPod, $700 road bike (traded one passion for another), most my rock climbing gear, some snowboarding gear, anything I could throw on craigslist...

'Course once I got my license, took 4 months off jumping to work 75 hour weeks and save up for a rig, now I'm a packer at the DZ and have been able to jump mostly for free and been able to replace most of what I sold.

I sold almost 2-grand worth of drums and cymbals for about $300.00. I was worth a good weekend of jumps...

Besides, people who live in apartments hate drummers...so everyone where I lived was better off...I miss them now :(

I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

one kidney, half my liver and parts of the lung; needless to say, the guy with the liver got probably the worst deal! :P

edited to add: and my dignity of course; not that i ever had much of that to begin with.. :D

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Didn't sell anything.

Did pay for most of my training with the proceeds of an insurance settlement for my car that some idiot totaled. Bought a cheaper but serviceable car and put the rest towards training.

Otherwise I'm a pay as you go jumper.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

i sold my motorcycle to pay for my first rig

-----------------------------------------------------------
+1 sold my last motorcycle 11 years ago to buy my first rig

Same here. :)

i cant bring myself to sale my bike for jumping. it ends up saving me enough money in gas and wear and tear on my truck that it's cheaper to keep the bike than sale it.

i have sold two bass guitars and 2 amps
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."