BBowden85

ASSHOLES

I've spent more time with students and low-timers in the last quarter freakin' century than most

This is not a good thing. :( ***

I disagree, the last 11 years I have worked with students and low time jumpers a ton, personally I get a ton of satisfaction out of passing on what I know, and believe it or not its a ton of fun to see them overcoming something that has them freaking out over, (ie) hop n pop's.

I dont always want to jump with lowtimers, some jumps I want to expand my skills with complicated jumps with more experienced skydivers, but I never shun the lowtimers, the invite is declined with a "busy on this jump, how bout the next load?"

I am sure even though I am happy to jump with anyone you can probably find one or two out there that consider me an asshole [:/]

when I had around 80 jumps I was invited on a 4 way with 3 very experienced jumpers, my old instructor made the invite, everyone introduced themselves, I asked how many jumps they had, our load had collective 14K jump total... talk about making me feel small.... lol, I started to hem and haw about doing a solo and I didnt want to screw their jump up, and they all told me to stop worrying-and we were gonna have fun no matter what.
I funneled the launch (go figure) but we managed to get 3 pts, I knew they were capable of alot more points than that and wanted to slink off, but their constructive feedback after the jump *(with alot of ribbing thrown in) helped to mold my attitude about working with lowtimers once I got more experienced. Not every experienced jumper is an asshole, matter of fact most arent unless you approach them with a know it all attitude.

I have enough jumps that most blur together now, but that one is still crystal clear and still makes me smile when I think about it.

Roy

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Most people in person are not like that though. Diabolpilot is supposedly a nice guy in person but an unbelievable know it all jackass online. I suppose these people think it's ok because it's the Internet.

How is that different that your attitude, jackass? Just because you only seem to direct your smart ass remarks towards more experienced jumpers, or jumpers you feel are 'not being nice', doesn't change the fact that you're just as much of an 'internet tough guy' as anyone esle.

Except for the fact that most of those other guys are tough enough to at least identify themselves in their profiles. You spout off with all your shithead opinions, but then hide behind the anonymity or your incomplete profile.

People deserve respect, whether online or not

People don't deserve repsect, people earn respect. Case in point - you, me, and this subject. You're a hypocrite, and you hide behind your computer while doing so. As such, I'll extend you no respect becasue you 've done nothing to earn it. You haven't made any real contributions, just bitch and complain, and aren't even man enough to indentify yourself, so there you have it, no respect for you.

Anyone else who comes across the same way will get the same. If you want to act like a shithead, you'll be treated like a shithead, it's not that hard to understand.

Blah, blah, blah.... I happen to disagree. Every life deserves respect and should not have to "earn" it from self appointed superiors like yourself. Disrespect on the other hand can be earned. You have earned my disrespect time and time again Mr. Interweb instructor. Please feel free to pm me if you wish to know who I am. I will be more than happy to tell you, including where I jump and how to find me. I would love to meet you just to see the strange deformity that is your incredibly bloated head. Now good luck, and try not to let your ego outfly your ability.

I can't think of a more benign statement than, " I skydive for fun", but leave it to you to attack it. So bizarre. Now go show those nooks how awesome you are. I take issue with people like you because there is no one more dangerous out there than those with the God complex. Hence, don't let your ego outflly your ability. Unfortunately. No one has skills enough to match your ego.

pm me if you wish to know who I am. I will be more than happy to tell you, including where I jump and how to find me. I would love to meet you just to see the strange deformity that is your incredibly bloated head. Now good luck, and try not to let your ego outfly your ability.

Didn't you just do what you claim to despise? :S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I can't think of a more benign statement than, " I skydive for fun", but leave it to you to attack it. So bizarre. Now go show those nooks how awesome you are. I take issue with people like you because there is no one more dangerous out there than those with the God complex. Hence, don't let your ego outflly your ability. Unfortunately. No one has skills enough to match your ego.

:D:D:D

Somebody needs a hug!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Every life deserves respect and should not have to "earn" it from self appointed superiors like yourself. Disrespect on the other hand can be earned. You have earned my disrespect time and time again Mr. Interweb instructor.

That's really interesting.

I don't know davelepka, chuckakers or diablopilot (who seem to be on the ASSHOLES list), I've never even jumped in their country.

But having been jumping for a few years, and been on dropzone.com quite a lot longer than I've been jumping, I have a very short list of people whose posts deserve attention and (your word) respect because they have a strong tendency towards good advice, and an obvious, long-term commitment to keeping other jumpers alive.

All three of those ASSHOLES are on that very short list.

Just something for you to think about, whoever you are.

[edit: It's entirely possible I Have Been Trolled. But unlikely as it is, it's also entirely possible you're serious. If you are, think harder. Also, skydive more, it'll make people's tone on forums seem pretty irrelevant.]
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Back off, jackass. Your words - as uneducated and assinine as they are - also include a personal attack. You know absolutely nothing about me. That's obvious to anyone who does.

I could care less if you say I, or anyone else for that matter, has a God complex. While it's clear to anyone who can read that you don't have enough information to objectively make that call, it's the incorrect conclusion you have reached nonetheless.

However, calling me dangerous is a personal attack. Moderators? Hello?

Oh wait. You don't even identify yourself in your profile. You say you're an instructor but I guess no one knows for sure. Guess that makes every comment you make completely invalid.

Nevermind.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::o:P
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Most people in person are not like that though. Diabolpilot is supposedly a nice guy in person but an unbelievable know it all jackass online. I suppose these people think it's ok because it's the Internet.

How is that different that your attitude, jackass? Just because you only seem to direct your smart ass remarks towards more experienced jumpers, or jumpers you feel are 'not being nice', doesn't change the fact that you're just as much of an 'internet tough guy' as anyone esle.

Except for the fact that most of those other guys are tough enough to at least identify themselves in their profiles. You spout off with all your shithead opinions, but then hide behind the anonymity or your incomplete profile.

People don't deserve repsect, people earn respect. Case in point - you, me, and this subject. You're a hypocrite, and you hide behind your computer while doing so. As such, I'll extend you no respect becasue you 've done nothing to earn it. You haven't made any real contributions, just bitch and complain, and aren't even man enough to indentify yourself, so there you have it, no respect for you.

Anyone else who comes across the same way will get the same. If you want to act like a shithead, you'll be treated like a shithead, it's not that hard to understand.

Yeah, what he said.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

People don't deserve repsect, people earn respect.

Yeah, what he said.

The only thing people deserve is a chance to start out as neutral. Their actions and inactions determine where it goes from there. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

What is this all about?

If you're ''peetejones'' type, someone or few will put you in your place, some nicer than others. It had happened to me to when i first got here. :$
If you are humble and willing to learn you will find large majority of jumpers are nice willing to help.
It's as simple as that ;)

Petejones doesn't think before he types and then gets pissy when someone tells him he's wrong. I think he's an asshole, because he can't take it when someone calls him out on the sub-standard expert advice that he is giving.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

i dont agree with this. i give people respect out of benefit of a doubt. if you prove you dont deserve that respect, it is quickly withdrawn.

i am in no way defending the jackass who is spouting off shit, and not disrespecting you in any way.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

i dont agree with this. i give people respect out of benefit of a doubt. if you prove you dont deserve that respect, it is quickly withdrawn.

i am in no way defending the jackass who is spouting off shit, and not disrespecting you in any way.

+1
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs