BBowden85

ASSHOLES

I hate to say it but why is the forum and jumpers in person full of assholes. they were once beginners but the want to act like they have always been experienced jumpers. Im speaking for all beginners, they are a bunch of dick heads. If I was 900 jumps in I would still be respectful to beginners because everyone had to start somewhere. If I were able I would kick every experienced jumper that wanteed to be a deusch bag in the balls. No disrespect to all of u jumpers that are help to us beginners.

Get a few more jumps under your belt and we will be able to explain it to you.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I agree with you completely. You are not a whining, just making a salient point. And if you had any doubt, responses like chuckacres just prove your point. These guys are douche bags. Most people in person are not like that though. Diabolpilot is supposedly a nice guy in person but an unbelievable know it all jackass online. I suppose these people think it's ok because it's the Internet. I personally can't wait for one of these a-holes to talk to me like that in person. They will find karma is a bitch. People deserve respect, whether online or not. Unfortunately, these guys are morons and you gotta try and ignore them.

sometimes experienced jumpers will keep their advice to themselves until you are off student status.

sometimes to much info is bad thing, and giving students advice is best left to his/her instructor, and many experienced jumpers know this. they do not want to interfere with your learning that soon in the stage (that's why there are instructors).

somethings you dont need to know yet, and they might be looking out for you instead of being assholes.

and even if they are being assholes, you've forgot rule number 1, "the new guy always gets shit."
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

Gotta be a different asshole... there's a rule... B|
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Sounds like maybe he just took it down a notch, possibly the the other screen-name got blocked for the tirade...we've all had bad days... if so, it's all good!B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

But he is saying sorry in that thread for this thread :S>:([:/]
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

I agree with you completely. You are not a whining, just making a salient point. And if you had any doubt, responses like chuckacres just prove your point. These guys are douche bags. Most people in person are not like that though. Diabolpilot is supposedly a nice guy in person but an unbelievable know it all jackass online. I suppose these people think it's ok because it's the Internet. I personally can't wait for one of these a-holes to talk to me like that in person. They will find karma is a bitch. People deserve respect, whether online or not. Unfortunately, these guys are morons and you gotta try and ignore them.

You have no clue what you're talking about. I've spent more time with students and low-timers in the last quarter freakin' century than most skydivers ever will, making sure we don't raise a bunch of wannabe skydivers. And I don't need to hide behind the internet either. If the noob was saying the same thing at the DZ, I'd give him the same advise.

Based on Nooberville's post, he doesn't get it. If you think I was just being an asshole, you don't get it either.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

This thread is cracking me up. Because I know Ozzy and he admits he is an asshole..lol
Isnt there an asshole song out there:
"Were you born an asshole or did you work at it your whole life..........

I love this stuff, it actually put a smile on my face.

This thread is cracking me up. Because I know Ozzy and he admits he is an asshole..lol
Isnt there an asshole song out there:
"Were you born an asshole or did you work at it your whole life..........

I love this stuff, it actually put a smile on my face.

Coming from our newly elected National Director. (The biggest asshole of them all) Love you Rich.;)

Edited to add a asshole songB|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i6OrOZwtmA

Look, you are going to get asshole replies on here. What do you expect from a bunch of Adrenalin junkies. Winter time bad weather what ever. Their are no sissy's in skydiving so get a laugh from it and move on. If I got a dollar for every time someone said something that got me mad on here I would be rich. Iv learned to listen to the message not the messenger. You can learn so much on here so just brush it off and get back in the game :P

The other thing I find is students go to there DZ and ask if this is ok or is that ok then come on here and ask again. When they dont get the answer they want they throw a fit. In that case I would say dont ask the question if you are not ready for the answer or if you are not going to listen to the answer. Good luck and be open to all answers that you will get.

I've spent more time with students and low-timers in the last quarter freakin' century than most

This is not a good thing. :(

I know more than a few people that would disagree with you, but it would clearly be wasted words.

Can't wait to get to Skyfest again this year for some young-jumper organizing! Maybe you should come and show the noobs what you got!
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I've gotta say, that the "search" reply bugs me most of the time for various reasons.
Yes, I'm aware that sometimes a person is probably just being lazy.
However, sometimes a person is too new to really know what they are looking for.
Sometimes when doing a search, the topic is many years old and quite possibly the techniques and/or technology have changed.
Sometimes the poster may just want to engage in some current discussion with others that are also excited about skydiving. After all, it is a discussion forum and not just an archive.
If people are that opposed to re-hashing a topic then simply say nothing or suggest a search topic.
Life expands or contracts in proportion to one's courage. ~Anais Nin

>>or suggest a search topic.<<

That's what I did, and most people do...in fact I even made a link to the topic, as I've seen done countless times.

When a topic has 8000 hits, and numerous threads already addressing it on the site, is it really in everyoine's best interest to do it all AGAIN?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~