BBowden85

ASSHOLES

I hate to say it but why is the forum and jumpers in person full of assholes. they were once beginners but the want to act like they have always been experienced jumpers. Im speaking for all beginners, they are a bunch of dick heads. If I was 900 jumps in I would still be respectful to beginners because everyone had to start somewhere. If I were able I would kick every experienced jumper that wanteed to be a deusch bag in the balls. No disrespect to all of u jumpers that are help to us beginners.

What is this all about?

If you're ''peetejones'' type, someone or few will put you in your place, some nicer than others. It had happened to me to when i first got here. :$
If you are humble and willing to learn you will find large majority of jumpers are nice willing to help.
It's as simple as that ;)

I understand your complaint. Yes, sometimes certain more experienced jumpers are rude to beginners and their questions. While the majority of us try not to do that, sometimes we're impatient, and sometimes that impatience comes across impolitely.

There's nothing wrong with a beginner raising this issue. At my first-ever DZ, many of the experienced jumpers, from the DZO on down, usually treated the beginners (the male ones, at least) like shit. That DZ no longer exists. Anyhow, I finally got sick of it, and switched to another DZ that was friendly and helpful to beginners. 30 years later, that DZ is still hoppin'. It's a lesson I've tried to hang on to through the years, but occasionally I've slipped up, too.

Most jumpers are not assholes to novices, but your reminder is reasonable. Don't lose heart. Just don't get cocky. And go buy us some beer.

What is this all about?

If you're ''peetejones'' type, someone or few will put you in your place, some nicer than others. It had happened to me ;)

it seems That petejones has cooled down and now shares pertinent remarks. That's all I read of him recently. And I do appreciate the change
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

seems like you need to find a new dz to jump at. i think i can count on one hand the assholes i've run into jumping over the last 1.5years.

i dont wonder, they all gather on dorkzone and have stopped jumping 20yrs ago.. :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I hate to say it but why is the forum and jumpers in person full of assholes. they were once beginners but the want to act like they have always been experienced jumpers. Im speaking for all beginners, they are a bunch of dick heads. If I was 900 jumps in I would still be respectful to beginners because everyone had to start somewhere. If I were able I would kick every experienced jumper that wanteed to be a deusch bag in the balls. No disrespect to all of u jumpers that are help to us beginners.

Butch up, Sally. You're never gonna make it in this sport if ya can't out-dickhead the dickheads.

On the other hand, you're doing a damn fine job of out-whining the whiners so far.;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

This night be fun.... going to get some beer and chips and watch this....
:)

Not nearly as much fun as I had hoped.... I'd done a quick search of his posts, easy to do since there are so few, and about the only interesting one was where he asked about Skyride and he was told to do a search.

I figured he did the search and didn't like people's comments cause he jumped at a Skyride DZ or didn't like being told to do a search. Oh well, maybe he'll come back and tell me which it was or just call me an asshole :P
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Hey BB,
My $0.02? Skydiving is a awesome & unique sport. The sport attracts a ton of neat, dynamic people, & a few A_holes. The majority of jumpers are so nice. It makes the few sour apples stick out that much more. My home DZ is large. I've only met two Jackwagons out of everyone there. There are A_holes in any endeavor. If you focus on them? Your unhappiness will be guaranteed. Tell 'em off, & move on.

I think you get what you give.

+1

When I was starting out, I don't remember any skygod assholes, but then I listened more than I spoke, I tried to learn, I thanked people for sharing their experience, and I didn't act like a know it all.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

understand your complaint. Yes, sometimes certain more experienced jumpers are rude to beginners and their questions. While the majority of us try not to do that, sometimes we're impatient, and sometimes that impatience comes across impolitely.

There's more to it than that. This society has changed, and it seems as if people need to fill their conversation with meaningless fluff. They seem to need a simple answer to be complex, and justification that they are "ok" and "accepted".

Where as a "yes" or "no", used to suffice, now a person is offended if a lengthy dialogue answering all the questions they didn't ask is not forth coming.

I think the art of listening has died. It's now socially acceptable for a person to ask a question, ignore the reply and then proceed to tell the questonee what they think the answer is.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I think the art of listening has died. It's now socially acceptable for a person to ask a question, ignore the reply and then proceed to tell the questonee what they think the answer is.

:D:D
In those situations, my standard reply to those who come across as assholes is, "If you already knew the answer why the hell did you ask me?"
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The replies given on here by the ASSHOLES are usually in response to a couple of common posts.

A new member asks a question that has been asked and answered many times. If by simply using the search function, all the info is there for them to read. After a while, the question of "what is the best rig", "I have 10 jumps and want to mount a GoPro...", "where is the safest place to do AFF" gets a reply by said ASSHOLES to do a search or some other deserved snarky response because it appears that the OP was just too lazy to do their own research and read what is there. I have been guilty of that once or twice.

The other example is typically of a newer jumper with mad skilz that wants to do something without the jumps/experience to provide the actual skill needed, i.e flying a camera, wingsuit or high performance canopy. They have been told at their DZ not to do it, but come on here hoping someone will tell them it will be OK. The stodgy oldfarts say no with a well thought out reply and the OP gets pissy and continues to ask "but why, I gotz mad skilz". Eventually those nice replies get replaced by a dope slap instead. Guilty of that as well.

Skydiving is a sport that even when you do everything right, you can still die. Add in pushing the limits and things can go bad fast. Unfortunately, there are too many examples of jumpers that pushed the limits of their skills after being warned here and suffered the consequences. So if it sounds like we are assholes at times, we just might be. But I'd rather be an asshole in the hopes they wise up, instead of participating in their ash dive.

There are examples on here and at the DZ of jumpers where their ego has grown too big and has become a skygod in their own mind. There are so many more helpful experienced folks that enjoy helping new jumpers. You just need to walk past the guy puffing his chest out and ask that quiet guy for help.

The ASSHOLE answer reply would be "Suck it up cup cake".;)

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

summed it up pretty good.

How about this? Ask your question or let us know what you need assistance with? I imagine if you have a genuine concern, question, problem, or point to a specific fact you will be surprised at the amount of help you receive. That being said, you will probably still get assholes responding just put on your asshole filter.
IF you have a problem with a specific DZ, DZO, instructor, program, I would probably proceed with caution maybe addressing it at the DZ first before bashing them in a public forum amongst their peers.

summed it up pretty good.

How about this? Ask your question or let us know what you need assistance with? I imagine if you have a genuine concern, question, problem, or point to a specific fact you will be surprised at the amount of help you receive. That being said, you will probably still get assholes responding just put on your asshole filter.
IF you have a problem with a specific DZ, DZO, instructor, program, I would probably proceed with caution maybe addressing it at the DZ first before bashing them in a public forum amongst their peers.

that or you may be faced with a gun pulled at you and chased off the dz.. :S
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Do you think you're being fair lumping ALL experienced jumpers together like this?

And for doing that, doesn't that make you one of the same types of people whom you are complaining about?

I hate to say it but why is the forum and jumpers in person full of assholes. they were once beginners but the want to act like they have always been experienced jumpers. Im speaking for all beginners, they are a bunch of dick heads. If I was 900 jumps in I would still be respectful to beginners because everyone had to start somewhere. If I were able I would kick every experienced jumper that wanted to be a douchebag in the balls. No disrespect to all of u jumpers that are help to us beginners.

Butch up, Sally. You're never gonna make it in this sport if ya can't out-dickhead the dickheads.

On the other hand, you're doing a damn fine job of out-whining the whiners so far.;)

Took the words right outta my mouth Chuck! :D

~I'm probably the one that kicked this off, when he asked about Slyride I gave him a search link with 8000+ hits on this site.

I guess he wanted to be taken to the diaper changing station and have his butt powered too...:S

BBowden85...to make it in skydiving as a n00b, ya really gotta have huge ears, a small mouth and thick skin. It's just part of the process.

If in fact you got upset because of the Slyride thing, lose the skirt...take some responsibility for the book learnin' stuff you ask about.
Nothing anyone 'tells you' regarding a beaten horse like Slyride will improve your ability to jump, so it's better to review what's already been discussed on your own.

Big ears, small mouth and thick skin, PeteJones has two of the three, and it appears he's workin' on the third so a few of us are cutting him some slack of late. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~