jenomegle

PSH whuffos!

Hey guys!

There are a lot of whuffos in my life and many of these non skydivers don't understand the pleasure, freedom, mental training as well as the difficulty involved.

One of my friends in particular seems to thinking skydiving is a 'joke' and that he could 'fall' from a plane with ease. I merely laughed.

I'm wondering, do you guys have to deal with these sort of remarks? If so, what clever retorts do you have?

Blue skies ;)

Don't even try to convince them. Its like trying to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

Just learn to not talk about skydiving when you're around whuffos. They really don't care and actually get bored hearing the same "there I was stories" over and over again. Hard to believe, but its true!
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

One of my friends in particular seems to thinking skydiving is a 'joke' and that he could 'fall' from a plane with ease. I merely laughed. ***

just tell him "without training you sure could....once":D then tell him to grow a set and sign up for the 1st jump course.

Roy

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

One of my friends in particular seems to thinking skydiving is a 'joke' and that he could 'fall' from a plane with ease. I merely laughed.

Say "Hey, great, we'll see ya this Saturday.":)
Actually your laugh was the right reaction. The fact that they're talking about it means they think it's cool, but they can't let you know that. I practice a kind of mental judo when someone says "Your sport's really dumb."
I say "You're right. I don't even know why I do it. It's kind of fun sometimes, though.":S:D

When I first started I knew skydiving was the best thing in the world and why wouldn't everyone want to do it? Luckily that phase goes away pretty quickly. :D:)

Hey guys!

There are a lot of whuffos in my life and many of these non skydivers don't understand the pleasure, freedom, mental training as well as the difficulty involved.

I'm wondering, do you guys have to deal with these sort of remarks? If so, what clever retorts do you have?

Blue skies ;)

Hi jen-O,
Talk is cheap, skydives cost $$$, tell him to ante up, "There's always a slot on the 'Last Load!!'"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

"great, if i book you for a tandem or a first jump, i get a free jump; just tell me when it's possible for you!"

then ask them EVERY day for two weeks, they'll break down.. eventually! :P

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Or you could just be a real asshole about it and tell them how much better you are than them. B| I personally like to stay away from conversations about skydiving with non-skydivers, unless they are asking a legitimate question, as opposed to the idiots who just want to make smart ass remarks.

Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

I get the same thing, but it's almost always the smart-ass engineers on the naval base I work at who say the tired phrase..."perfectly good airplane"

This last week the transponder on our Caravan shit itself...that's a decent reason to bail from a plane right? ;)

Find your peace, though the world around you burns

And remember that for everyone who thinks you're an idiot because you skydive, someone else thinks you're something special because you skydive. They're both wrong. ;)

This is a good. I like it.
:)
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Usually after doing a tandem, that type of person just gets worse. If that happens, take them to a wind tunnel. B|:D

That's only because they find out that you really do go UP when the chute opens.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

For the one's that say they can do it. Tell them to give you $20 and you'll make their reservation in the next class.
I made a lot of money off drunks with that one.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

When I first started I knew skydiving was the best thing in the world and why wouldn't everyone want to do it? Luckily that phase goes away pretty quickly. :D:)

I've been hooked for over a year and it drives me nuts. I mean how could you NOT want to jump out of a plane, I don't get it. Everyone has flying dreams (yes?), why wouldn't you want to come close to that?

I guess its the same thing with them, they wonder why you would want to, you wonder why they wouldn't. But I REALLY don't get it, just thinking of skydiving makes me all giddier than touching a boob when I was in middle school.
"Do you really want to take advice from the guy we call Tarmac?"