DSE

PIA 2011 Videos/Interviews

We didn't shoot the Riggers Rodeo, but it was pretty fun to watch.

I was just about to PM you and ask about this... damn!

I heard Mike G got schooled... :D

I did shoot the final round...Margaret vs Mike.
Mike got schooled, but he was ahead at one point...then Margaret put her teeny lil' hand into the PC and pulled the loop through. Mike was using a shotgun rod and that slowed him substantially by comparison.
I'm editing the rodeo video right now. It'll be up by morning, but it's around 20 mins long.

Margaret vs Mike.
Mike got schooled, but he was ahead at one point...then Margaret put her teeny lil' hand into the PC and pulled the loop through.

Congrats to Margaret.
She is one of my rigging heroes/models.
Got the chance to see her at work, and WAWE, she can do awesome stuff with her hands.
Ok I didn't get to see many riggers at work, but she does work with incredible precision, and she looks better than any old bearded rigger (no disrespect for old bearded riggers, I hope I will become one) :$:$
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Got the chance to see her at work, and WAWE, she can do awesome stuff with her hands.

That doesn't sound right... :ph34r:

Yeah Margaret!!!! Now she wont have any excuse if she says "I don't have time to repack you reserve for the next load" :ph34r:
Remster

For whatever reason, Icarus never had anyone free to do an interview. Stopped by their booth more than once.

This year's show was significantly more busy than other years, so some vendors were unable to take the time to do an interview. You won't see CYPRES or Sunpath being interviewed either. [:/]
We did our best to grab everyone we could. In fact, Jeffro ended up being L&B's spokesman because of how busy Mads and Stefan were, too.
The banquet last night was awe-inspiring. Not awesome, inspiring. Colonel Joe Kittinger showed some film, told some amazing stories, and announced he'll be back skydiving in March, 2011, because he's "goddamn sick and tired of people asking 'when was your last jump.' My last jump is gonna be in 2011, so SCREW YOU." :D The food was great too, filet mignon and shrimp...Howard White did a killer job with the slideshows, live switching of media, and keeping the screens rolling (6 large screens throughout the room). Howard is single now too, ladies...:P

Whatever happened to the hot chick "surprise host(s)" we were promised, Spot?

I call BAIT & SWITCH!! ;)

As usual, nice job regardless, bringing just a bit of the PIA, to those of us homebound, and unable to attend.

Damm false advertising. I'm calling the FCC...
Remster

The banquet last night was awe-inspiring. Not awesome, inspiring. Colonel Joe Kittinger showed some film, told some amazing stories, and announced he'll be back skydiving in March, 2011, because he's "goddamn sick and tired of people asking 'when was your last jump.' My last jump is gonna be in 2011, so SCREW YOU."

Yes, Joe was inspiring! No Doubt.
I got a lot of photos with him too.

But I can not help to speak of Shannon Pilcher in the same way.

I saw him when he arrived and it was the first time I had seen him since his accident.

I just said good-bye to him as you was leaving just about an hour ago.

Actually, it was pretty great to see a lot of other people too!

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com