ozzy13

SIM app for I phone I pads.

I just downloaded it a few hours ago. So far, it is very easy to use and navigate through. One suggestion though. On the license test section, under each license, it tells you which sections to read for each test. But it would be cool if you could click on each one of those sections and it would bring up the correct info instead of having to back out of that section. Other than that, I love it.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Does anyone here have contacts at the people who own the data on http://www.teamfastrax.org/ ?

It would be awesome if they could do an app with their formations animation and exit videos! I'd pay $0.99 for it! ;)

I believe that info is owned by Team Fastrax. They have contact info on the site. :P

Or you could just ask Matt Cline, ya know, the fastrax guy?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Someone please educate me here. I have only a simple cell phone with no broadband connection.

Don't your phones already have internet browsers and connection to the internet? And isn't the USPA SIM already on the USPA web site in HTML as well as PDF form?

Why do you need an "app"?

you won't always have connection to teh interwebs

with the app, you get some functionality not available in the html version

and for those without unlimited bandwidth, having the SIM in an app or .pdf saves having to be on-line all the time, saving both time and money.
DS#727, DB Cooper #41, POPS #11065, SCR #13183, FA #2125, SCS #8306, HALO #309 SRA #5930

you won't always have connection to the interwebs. And for those without unlimited bandwidth, having the SIM in an app or .pdf saves having to be on-line all the time, saving both time and money.

OK, so the app includes the SIM? OK, I understand. And it seems as though if the SIM changes, you would need to update the app.

But it would seem like having the PDF would be sufficient. I'm assuming that one downloads (or transfers from a computer connected to the internet) the app to the phone, so I'm wondering why downloading the PDF is any different.

Other than the many additional functions you can have with an app as opposed to a pdf (starting with actuall written exam simulations, easier search and interface and much more) the most importent function you can add is knowing how current your data is.

An app can tell you there is an update (any changes, additions or omissions) avalable, or even update itself automatically. It can warn you when it didnt get a chance to check for updates for a while. In this sport thats plenty importent and often quite a hassle to achive amd maintain.

Not that the sim changes significantly and often, but this medium is wide open for any equipment company to publish manuals and more importently safety advisories. Imagine your cell phone warning you 5 minutes before boarding your AAD company just recalled your cutters 3 minutes ago. Ok so that would suck, but still.