HoldtheIce

Keeping warn while Skydiving- Columbia Omni-Heat?

Anyone have any experience with the Columbia Omni-Heat products?

It's -22c up on top here and I'm having trouble enjoying jumping right now. I am pondering if the new Columbia Omni-Heat fleece jacket would help me out. I can wear it on the outside of my jumpsuit, but is it wind proof? Or can I wear it on the inside without bulking up and restricting my movement?

Blue Skies....
~Mikey C
Cause they know, and so do I, The high road is hard to find
A detour to your new life, Tell all of your friends goodbye

-22oC at altitude isn't that bad, use 2 or 3 layers of thermal underwear and fleece and you should be good.

I wouldn't wear a jacket at all if it's bulky, and not on the outside at all as it may ride up or flip over your handles. People have gotten killed by clothing that didn't stay put.
I have a thin fleece jacket that I wear under my suit but like i said, some fleece shirts should be fine too.

I love the Rainbow thermal suits, if you want an out of the box option you can comfortably wear under your suit or for some jumps AS your suit, check them out: click

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I agree - a few layers of thin thermals are way better than the bulk of a jacket. Wearing a jacket outside your jumpsuit can be a problem due to gear interference.

Kevin K.

I agree - a few layers of thin thermals are way better than the bulk of a jacket. Wearing a jacket outside your jumpsuit can be a problem due to gear interference.

Kevin K.

My new weapon of choice is a cycling jacket. Thin, non bulky, fleecy, and windproof. I use a Descente Shelter jacket, with a cold weather under armour type base layer.
Remster

While I can't speak intelligently about the jump-worthiness of UA products, I can say that I have used various UA pieces throughout my Army career and I am very pleased. The Heat Gear keeps me cool in the summer and the Cold Gear keeps me functional in the winter (I really don't like cold weather, so comfort during long-term exposure of below-50*F temps isn't an option). I'd strongly recommend UA for anything.
Sincerely,
Kevin