Bruceny

Worst skydiving injury?

I jacked up my knees pretty good on a surge, I was riding my rears in to make it back to the landing area, instead of just landing on the blacktop.

Mistakes:

1: screwing around under canopy and not leaving myself wiggle room to get back

2: riding in rears to make it back, then dropping them at 50' without putting any toggle input

3: not landing on the damn blacktop

I was pretty jacked up for a few weeks, but doctor said I'll be fine (ofcourse, it was a military doc, and my legs were still attached.)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Three dislocated shoulders.
One broken hand

And a several traumatized ego from a low turn.

Impressive, I only have 2 shoulders.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

My worst was only a dislocated foot.

However in 4 years of jumping my friends:
•Fractured femur (last Saturday)
•Serious tibia/fibula fracture. (landing in turbulence)
•Quadraplegia from a premature main deployment.
•Femur AND pelvis fracture. (swoop)
•Dislocated RIGHT shoulder in freefall (think through the consequences of that!).
•collarbone fracture (swoop) (requiring surgery).

I cannot remember the name... But there was a guy who had a canopy collapse while landing and who got REALLY badly hurt with a long ugly recovery. He had web site about his injury and recovery. It was pretty graphic and had a catchy name like "Dead Chris".  I cannot find the web site. Perhaps someone else will remember and give you the link.

Those who say this is safer than driving are just deceiving themselves.  It is a dangerous sport, but there is a lot you can do to manage the risk.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Mine is minor - a broken bone in my foot.

Lesson learn't don't try and land a C9 where the swoop gods land. They will curse you for showing off and you will land on a busy road with powerlines on either side :D

Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Tweaked my back (sore) from a "check, check" during a PC in tow. I was checking right when the PC did its thing and deployment started.

Lower leg pain from a no flare landing. All I remember is coming into land, getting ready to flare, and then WHAM, i was on the ground. Dont know what or why (well experienced at the time).
Funny (~) thing is, my friend landed next to me and asked if he could have my jump tickets (forget asking if i was ok, or anything along those lines) B|

DS#727, DB Cooper #41, POPS #11065, SCR #13183, FA #2125, SCS #8306, HALO #309 SRA #5930

So far? Just one fractured finger on exit.

The lesson? When the guy on the front of your tube slips and falls headfirst out the door, you should probably let go of his legs :$

--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Serious concusion after getting slammed into the ground by turbulent wind in front of the hangar. Doesnt sound like much, but as soon as I realized what was happening I thought I was going to be lucky to get out of it with broken legs.

And dry pants.
Owned by Remi #?

The attached (up and lower leg two separate incidents).
Both ACL's
Broken right foot

Not all skydiving though - includes BASE, hackey sack etc :P

(Edited to fix picture)

"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent