againsthumanity

What is the highest you would pay.....?

With more unrest in the middle east and the west's insatiable lust for petroleum we are seeing massive rises again. With that being said, in U.S dollars, what is the highest amount you would pay for a 13,500' slot? Just hypothetical. Who knows if it will ever get as high as I have them listed. Mine is $40 btw..... after that it would be BASE only. Thanks.
I love BASE because cliffs don't crash
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves

that's still cheaper than what we have here [:/] (around USD45)

I don't know if I would have a limit, I would put the price for some certain jumps, I would then priviledge quality over quantity

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

yeah. that sucks. i have been thinking of ways to reduce my dependency on oil and leaving the sport has been one of them. i understand BASE canopies and PG canopies are made from petroleum products but it's a start and at least the lift ticket is money and oil free
I love BASE because cliffs don't crash
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves

i understand BASE canopies and PG canopies are made from petroleum products but it's a start and at least the lift ticket is money and oil free

next thing you know is you're going to Heliboogie in Kjerag :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Listen please don't give dzo"s any ideas. The last time gas went up most dz"s in the north east raised their prices. The part that pissed me of is they all said it was because of gas prices. Well when the gas prices went down not one lowered the prices. If jump tickets go up I will just do work jumps.

On another note. When was the last time dz"s increase their instructors pay. 20-30 years ago? With the rising cost of gear ect.

Sorry about typos runny late to work
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

Maybe somebody who actually knows the numbers can help us out here. I figured I use a little over a gallon of Jet A fuel to get to altitude in an Otter. So, if the price of fuel doubles, it still shouldn't cost more than about $5 extra per jump. Am I way off?

Wanna do a 2-way, Bro? The only people here,.. are working.:P

Sure! But since jump prices doubled, I can only afford to do two of them with you today. Let's go!
Round, Caterpillar, 180's to a Caterpillar in the other direction, Round, Back-Loops, repeat.

Listen please don't give dzo"s any ideas. The last time gas went up most dz"s in the north east raised their prices. The part that pissed me of is they all said it was because of gas prices. Well when the gas prices went down not one lowered the prices. If jump tickets go up I will just do work jumps.

The last time we had a big spike in the 2007/2008 time frame I saw prices go up and back down in Washington and Northern California (those are the two areas for which I was most familiar with the day-to-day prices, though there may have been similar adjustments in other regions as well). So it does happen.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The last time we had a big spike in the 2007/2008 time frame I saw prices go up and back down in Washington and Northern California (those are the two areas for which I was most familiar with the day-to-day prices, though there may have been similar adjustments in other regions as well). So it does happen.

Not one in the northeast area that raised their prices, lowered them after fuel went back down. As far as gas to jet fuel. The price for jet A went up and back down just like gas prices around here. I understand its a business. But when I hear we had no choice to raise jump tickets due to rising fuel prices then when fuel price went down they should of lowered the jump tickets again. That didnt happen around here.

Then you hear well if you think about it 23-25 is cheap to jump out of a plane. Well I would say yes it is if I didn't need anything else to jump out of that plane.

Im just sick of where this country is going and that discussion is for another forum

Blue sky's
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

if they raised their prices because of greater cost and people paid it. why would they ever lower them? the market sets the price. they offered tickets at a higher price and people paid it. That is the new market price. seems pretty simple to me. how the world works. nothing bad or good, just math.

i dont understand how some of you think. not saying its wrong or bad, honestly. I dont want to make people mad at me. Its just not how my mind works. i see price discovery, math.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

$40 is what one DZ in Ontario is charging. $35 + 13% tax = $39.55

I jump primarily at other DZ's in another province that include the taxes, but that still results in a $35 jump ticket (saving $4.55)

Considering the US and CDN dollar have been hovering around even for the last couple years....that's crazy.

Oh...I forgot to mention...that's not to 13,500...that's to 9,500 @$40....Canada blows.

I also think that I would pay $100+ per jump if it came to that, but the total amount I spent on jumping wouldn't change so DZO's wouldn't gain by increasing prices for me. I'm willing to bet that many people would do he same...decrease jumping.
"When once you have tasted flight..."