Ron

Anyone wanna Chute and Shoot?????

Thinking of holding a fun type competition.

The idea is to do a hop 'n' pop, land and drop your gear. On the target will be a magazine for your weapon. You will pick up your mag and then have to move ~100 feet to a firing line where you weapon will be located, load up and engage a course of fire. (Think of it as a hit 'n' chug without the booze).

Thinking of around four rounds:
1. Pistol
2. Rifle/carbine
3. Shotgun/jungle walk
4. Select fire (machine gun)

What, you do not own a machine gun???? Not an issue, I can have loaners available.

I can also make arrangements to have loaners for each weapon system if you are flying in or do not have that type of weapon.

I am even working on having ammo there to buy if you need it so you do not have to lug it all/can't find it/are flying in if you let us know ahead of time.

Simple rules...

1. Safety first.... Seriously.

2. Your time starts when your feet touch and stops when the course of fire is complete.

3. Course of fire is complete when:
* Plates are broken
* Steel is dropped
* Paper has correct number and placement of rounds

4. Lowest time wins.

5. Do something stupid (ND, flag someone... etc) and you will be DQ'd.

The Range/DZ is a grass airport with over 1000 foot runway

Requirements.....Thinking of:
1. 200 jumps Min (due to the landing area and the USPA rules)

2. Some proof of firearms proficiency
* IPSIC/IPDA ranking
* Certificate from training academy
* Military/LEO
* CHL/CWP (Maybe?)
* Personal reference from an instructor (Maybe?)

DZ: Air Adventures in Clewiston, FL. http://www.skydivefl.com/#
Range: Tactical Firearms Academy http://www.tacticalacademy.us/
Date: TBD

Thoughts?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

There was, or is, a Chute and Shoot competition in Mississippi. I'm not sure if they still do it, but it has been around for years. I have quite a few friends who competed in it and won it.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't think it has been held in the last two years.

Also, I wanted to remove the scoring for landing and make it like hit 'n' chug where it is a pure time event.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

sounds like fun, I can see myself getting stopped on I-95

- sir can you explain why you have a parachute, this particular variety of firearms and all this ammo?
- well yes sir I can but since I have permits for everything and have not broken any law except speeding, I'll take my ticket and be on my way, and you're welcome wonder about this the rest of your life
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

ddduuuudddeee- awesome. I used to do my share of competition shooting, but I somehow managed to pick up a more expensive habit. :p I don't shoot a ton anymore, but I do still have a few guns and my CCL.
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

We MAY have a range day before hand to allow those that do not have the proven level of firearms exp to come out and prove they can handle the course and brush up on some tactical skills....

CHL/CHP may not honestly be proof enough (I know the FL program is a bit of a joke). I want everyone to have fun and while I plan on having an RO for each active shooter...... Safety will be job one.

Sounds like a lot of fun, not sure if I could make the drive (it would depend on when obviously as I have limited vacation time).
Can we provide our own weapons? I have a M11 9mm with the Lage Max-11 upper, slowfire bolt, .22 conversion and a couple of cans for it (.22 and 9mm). I would also have to have time to get a 5320.20 to transport from TN to FL. What type of loaner MGs would you have available? I am thinking that a full size Uzi would likely be the best for people who have never shot FA before (just my opinion).

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

This sounds super!!!

Make it intersting, 3 rounds:
1. Light wieght stuff:
Crossbow
Bow
Paintball
2. Med wieght stuff:
.22, target
9mm handgun, target and speed
Long range target
3. Heavy Duty:
M16
Uzi
12Bore, semi auto, pigeons
hand granade
(Anyone got a connection for a full auto 50cal?)

Have fun guys!!!
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Can we provide our own weapons?

We would prefer it. But we know that not everyone has everything and that travel with several weapons by air sucks.

What type of loaner MGs would you have available?

Several: MP5, Max11, Uzi, 9mm AR.....That is the least difficult part of the whole process.

You should have some sort of accuracy competition where you shoot the firearm at a target under canopy.

No safe way to pull that off.

{I believe Van Pray Jr. had an event like this at his DZ in Missouri. I know it was in the plans but not sure if it ever happened. }

We have the shooting range on one side of the landing area. It seems that first they jump, jump, jump and then start blasting after jumpings done. Talked about having the event but as we are skydivers it was mostly talk and didnt happen.

Calling John ... !!! A long drive, but you have to admit, it's right up your alley! Well, except maybe running from the landing target to the firing line ... ;) ..

Hey! Watch it! ;)

It's only a 100'-foot run - I can handle that.

I looked into the rules once on the Chute & Shoot that was held in Mississippi (?), and didn't like the format, as the parachute accuracy only made up about 5% of the total score. I think it should count for half. Say, three rounds of parachute accuracy for 50% of the score, and then the shooting stuff for the other 50%.